Kenwood Excelon DNX8120

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to bypass the video on this?
I may be thinking about buying this unit, What do you guys think about this Unit? Any other unit you guys may be cosidering, instead of the 8120

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a newer member that has one. I haven't played wit one yet. but he said he loved his. It's pretty much the same as the 7120 just updated software. The 8120 would be the unit I'd spend my money on.

01lt_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the dnx8120, all you have to do is ground the parking sensor wire to watch movies while the truck is in drive...

*edit* oh yeah I love the head unit, all the features work great, the only real bug I can gripe about is sometimes when I'm playing music via my usb flash drive, it will not display the album art... other than that, well worth the $1145 I paid for it

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the dnx8120, all you have to do is ground the parking sensor wire to watch movies while the truck is in drive...

*edit* oh yeah I love the head unit, all the features work great, the only real bug I can gripe about is sometimes when I'm playing music via my usb flash drive, it will not display the album art... other than that, well worth the $1145 I paid for it

Do you have any pics, because i saw your other pics from start to almost finished. Do you have any finished pics?
Thanks

01lt_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pics, because i saw your other pics from start to almost finished. Do you have any finished pics?
Thanks

here's a small vid of clicking around different features of the radio http://home.comcast.net/~r1_rydah/8120.3g2

sorry about the quality it was taken with a cellphone, if you have trouble playing the vid just use the latest version of quicktime

Attachments

• 8120-1.jpg
    8120-1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 8120-2.jpg
    8120-2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I want one. but I don't wanna drop $1100 right now. Maybe in the future I'll sell my Radio and get one.