Front Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the chrome grilles & hook covers and how do you like it?
Tow Hook covers & grille.

EFX3031+3472.jpg

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a grill similar to the above (Carraige Works). Nicely made except cheapo attachment method, painted toggle bolts. I asked for it though because I didn't not want to cut the OEM grill out. Mine fits right in front of stock grill and looks very nice. If you order one, be careful which kind you get. If you don't want to modify the stock grill, look for the kind that install in front of the stock grill. The description will plainly indicate that.

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine

I ordered it today. Hopefully next week I can get it installed.
73shark how much trouble was it to install. I looked this morning and it looks pretty easy. Just pop the factory one out and install. Tow hooks look like I will have to drill some holes to mount. Is that correct?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was an overlay grill which attaches to the factory grill with some long screws. Didn't do the tow hooks.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the "Mr. Grille" version? They are based in Norco, CA, not too far from my house in Orange County. I emailed them but never received a response...sounds like a high quality piece, at a reasonable price, for true billet aluminum? Not too excited by the nylon zip ties they use to attach, but they say they are rated at 50lbs each, and true, they won't rust or otherwise corrode.

I was almost sold on the Street Scene mesh grille, but am now leaning back towards the traditional billet type after seeing some on the road around me. I wish we had more high quality pics!

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I know

For what I saw today looking at mine it looks pretty easy. Just undo the snaps that hold the factory grille in and the new one slips right back into the same slots.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I haven't taken mine apart yet, but I was told that there were a few 10mm bolts that need to be removed before the grille would move at all?

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I haven't taken mine apart yet, but I was told that there were a few 10mm bolts that need to be removed before the grille would move at all?

I believe the screws allow the actual grill frame and mesh to be removed from the painted shell. I'm pretty sure that unless your new grill installs in front of the plastic OEM mesh, you're going to need to cut the mesh at each location where it joins the grill frame. It doesn't snap loose.

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grille Conversion

Looked at it again last night and it does look more like I will cut the BLACK plastic grille out of it. I thought at first they poped out but it's the chrome that has the quick disconnects to take it apart. To seperate it from the BLACK plastic!
#1?
Has anybody took this apart and how did you do it? Any pictures anybody?

10mm bolts just hold the top of the grille tight to the support across the front of the vehicle.
The whole front end cover has to come off to get the grille off the truck.
I plan to take pictures as I go about the install so stay tuned.

SS#1230

Reaction score
Last edited:

Lizard1

Reaction score
I want to put a chrome grill in the front of my tahoe but I like the honeycomb look rather than the horizontal slats pictured in above posts. I believe what i'm after may be a factory option but not sure? anybody know where i can get this piece(s)? see pic below
111590.jpg

108814.jpg

MUCHO Thanks for ANY leads!!!

Lizard1

Reaction score
thanks for the heads up - i searched around that site and could only find links for the side view mirrors and door handles....but nothing for the chrome grill. Did i miss it?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's GM P/N 19169494 and cost is about $300. Check gmpartsdirect.com or gmpartszone.com. Might have better pricing or just check with your Chevy parts guy.

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

tahoegold

Reaction score
I did the RaceMesh Grilles earlier this year. :clapping:
A bit expensive, but the price includes new OEM grilles, custom modified with a tru woven wire mesh stainless steel and is heavy guage. Very exclusive, and custom with an OEM fit and finish - very high quality.:cool2:

RaceMesh%202007%20Chevy%20Tahoe%20in%20EPSS%20closeup%20crop%20b.jpg