Top Post w/ volatge meter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Top Post Terminal with a voltage meter. Came with no instructions. Where do i install the two very very slim(aleast 22g) wires to power the meter? Am thinking it has to something switched, because if i wire it direct its gonna kill the battery

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can ANYONE help me on this one?
Do i install it to anything in the fuse box, that turns ON with the key?

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hook it to switched 12V. My fuse holder has one you just hook it to ground. But overtime the battery is being drained by it. I just use it as a reference and touch to ground to see what I got.

IndigoDUBDUB

Reaction score
I have a digital fuse block... I ended up using a starter kill relay(just the relay, not the harness too) from an old alarm to set up the display to only work when the ignition/accessory leg of the electrical was on...

Pretty easy to do if you understand how the relay works inside... many online diagrams to help with the wiring aspect of the relay and it works everytime if done right..