Day Time Running lights/ Front bumper removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil Johnys Chevy

Reaction score
I wanted to change my DTRL to an orange bulb instead of the factory clear. I opened the hood to see two 10mm bolts holding the headlight on i removed these two bolts thinking the headlight would come out. nope. So i then removed the 10mm bolts holding on the front grill. To my surprise i realized the front bumper is and grill fiasca is one piece. So not until this weekend i decided to take the front bumper off just to change the two clear DTRL 3157 bulbs. Removal was quite easy tools needed: 10mm, 7mm, panel popper, and helper if available. Remove bolts from top of grill 10mm. Next remove four 7mm screws from bottom of bumper. Four on each side 8 in total. Next remove 7mm screws from inner fender and three plastic press on deals (use panel popper). if you move back black plastic inner fender you will see the last two 10mm bolts holding on bumper to fender. Remove two on each side. With helper slowly and carefully remove front bumper. Day time running lamp # 3157 Headlight # H11 High Beam # H3

RWAG45

Reaction score
Changing 2004 Tahoe Running lights

Do you mean I have to remove the grill and the bumper to change a front running light?
Thanks,
Ron

RWAG45

Reaction score
2004 Tahoe Running Lights

Do I have to remove the grill and bumper or just the grill in order to change the lights? Can someone please help me with specific instructions?
Thanks

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my yukon was incredibly more simple than that. this is the way i did it when i tapped in to my parking lights.

1. open the hood.
2. take out the head light housing (two steel pins just turn out and pull up)
3. remove the housing and take those bulbs out .
4. the second light housing with the drl's parking and, turn signal lights. there is a tab on the right (if working on drivers side) other wise its vice versa. push the tab and it should come right out. if you need i can do a video or somthing. :thunbsup:

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can access some of the headlight from behind without removing the headlight assembly etc. On the driver's side you MAY have to remove the wheel well liner to get to the back.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can access some of the headlight from behind without removing the headlight assembly etc. On the driver's side you MAY have to remove the wheel well liner to get to the back.

o wait were talking about gmt 900s, sorry, im giving you wrong directions. :rolleyes:

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there is a thread on this where it states that if you remove the fender splash shields you can access the remaining hdlmp hardware so you dont have to remove the bumper.

nvcaman

Reaction score
"Next remove 7mm screws from inner fender and three plastic press on deals (use panel popper)"

What's the easiest way to get to those screws. I've removed the 6 on top, bottom black trim piece, and inner fender screws & pop in deals.