4/6 drop lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 4 door hoe has a 2/2 on it now and i want to get a 4/6 drop. right now i have rear shackles and front keys. i want to do a flip kit in the back and springs in the front then obviously go with all new shocks as well. i was talking to my janitor at tech and he said his silverado rode bad with the flip kit but is there any other way to get my truck thta much lower without bags and a decent ride???

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've always wanted to to put the leafs under the axle on one of these.. i think it sounds like a good idea man

keep the rear-end as tight as possible..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, im debating to which ones i want to go with, new leafs, shocks, spindles, shackles, coils, flip kit and ect.. im not sure what to do..

BigBlackBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to do a drop on my my Burb. I did do a drop on my Safari van, via drop spindles and a flip kit in the rear (I also installed drop shocks all around, new bushings and bearings). My van rode better than stock. I have had many lowered vehicles that have used many different set-ups. IMHO the van's drop setup was the best riding static set up I have had.

2282264_20_full.jpg

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats pretty crazy. im thinking of getting anywhere from 18" to 22" rims for it and im still decieding which ones gunna give me the best ride quality..

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flip kit and spindles would get it nice and low. How the hell did you buy keys for it? You have torsion bars?

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i have torsion bars.. i was thinking maybe in the front the lowering springs with spindles or can you not do that?? my buddy wants to put bags on it for me, but calculating it up its well over 6 grand HAHAHA i laugh at that one.. maybe when i get a full time job out of highschool.. would new leafs do anything for me?? but when i looked em up, it said 2 doors only?? is there a difference between 4 and 2 that i couldnt use em??

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick check - look at your front wheels - do you have coil springs? if so you don't have torsion bars... do you have torsion bars? if so you have 4wd

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well hummmm.. i have coils, but idk. my buddy said bars.. maybe i misunderstood or he said the wrong thing..

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn gonna say, the newer bodies have tbars for the 2wd but the obs have coils. So did you drop the front with coils or spindles?

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thats where im stuck at. there deffently stock coils, but i dont know how to tell if they are spindles..