07 Subwoofer and Amplifier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on replacing the amp and sub in my 07 and need to know if anybody knows if an 07 Tahoe without the Bose sound system, has a subwoofer, and if yes where?
And also the location of the amplifier?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very Nice install Gambler, but I wanted to try and change the sub and amp without modding anything on the vehicle, just kind of a take out, and replace with better quality componets.

Elpresidente

Reaction score
hey NnaBoy go to JL AUDIO website they have a stealth box that goes right where the factory sub goes which by the way it is located in your center arm consol. yeah i was shocked also...lol now where you going to put the amp i dont know but the stealth box will run you like 549 and i think it comes with the sub already in it.

Auburn

Reaction score
I didn't want to lose my AC controls in my center console so I bought this instead of the JL Audio Stealthbox.

http://cgi.ebay.com/07-GMC-Yukon-Ch...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

It comes with the box, 12" sub, and amp for $369 + shipping. The box sits between the 2nd row captain chairs and is strong enough for someone to sit on (of course no seat belt so shouldn't do this when driving), but definately can step on it and load cargo on top of it. You can choose the carpet color to make it match better.

It sounds good and hits hard. Several people have been in my tahoe before and after the install and don't really notice it at first. Once they do notice it, it is because they like the "table" effect between the chairs. The seats still fold up exactly how they should.

The person who gave me the link had the amp located under one of the 2nd row seats, but we tote too much and I didn't want to lose the room inside the tahoe. So, I have the amp in the area where the jack normally goes (I have the power liftgate so couldn't use the other side). Need to find a better place for the jack and tools...may look at one of the battery boxes mentioned on another thread.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a thread discussing battery boxes (normally used for holding batteries) and mounting it to the spare battery tray under the hood for storage.