Need more tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMCRay

Reaction score
I have a 98 tahoe with a 3 inch body lift and 33/12.50/17s. I want to go with 35s and was wondering would they fit or do I need to do a suspension lift. I am currently looking at the Mickey Thompson 315/70/17 MTZ. Would levelers work or d I actually need a suspesion lift.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should be able to add some ford keys in the front and crank it 2-2.5" to give u 5-5.5" total lift which should fit those tires, but you will probably need to do some trimming, are these aftermarket wheels your running?

USMCRay

Reaction score
Yeah my wheels are driv 17x9 I think. I half-ass measured the width and think they are 9 inches wide. What kind of trimming you talking about?

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend looking at the Toyo Opencountry MT tires. They are a mud terrain tire but are as quiet as an all terrain and they last forever. Not to mention they are one of the best performing off road tire to boot!

Give'em a look :thumbsup:

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be very minor trimming, mostly just plastics. i had a set of mtz's on my 07 2500hd, they were a good tire, looked great and preformed well, did make alittle noise tho. but almsot everyone ive talked to loves the toyo muds.