Sun Visor Warning Label Removal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the only answer I got to my question regarding label removal on visors was answered by, "have them rehopoulstered" (thanks for the help):rolleyes2: I went ahead and took matters into my own hands for those of you who wish to remove the unsightly warning labels from the visor or your 40-60 thousand dollar suvs.

*Disclaimer* Please follow the following instructions at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages that may occur from this process. This method was used on my 2008 Tahoe. The first visor I did left some material bubbling in the cooler weather but tightened up in the heat. This first visor I did not do a final ironing to. Since I have done a final iron, it has been nice and tight. It does not have any discoloring or any other issues since I did this 3 weeks ago. Be careful if you have dirty visors, as the part under the label will be clean once label is removed.

Materials needed:
1. Iron
2. Piece of Wax Paper
3. Bottle of Goof Off
4. Clean Terry Cloth
5. Spray Bottle of Water
6. Hair Dryer

Instructions
1. Place wax paper over label on visor. Then use the iron on low heat setting moving it over the visor to heat the label up.

2. Peel the label off with your fingers or use a set of tweezers. The label will leave a slightly tacky residue.

3. Apply the Goof Off to the terry cloth and lightly rub it over the residue(do not scrub). Apply the Goof Off liberally over the area.

4. After you feel comfortable that the tacky residue is gone, use water on a clean part of the terry cloth and blot the Goof Off to try and rinse as much as you can off the visor.

5. You may now use a hair dryer to dry the visor to confirm that the residue is no longer there.

6. Finally after the visor is dry, take the wax paper and iron the visor one last time to assure all of the wrinkles are out of the material.

Enjoy your new visors:cool2:

Please advise me of any issues that you may run into, so I can alter this post to improve this mod.
I hope that more people will start doing writing ups. Simple ideas such as this will help out many.

Attachments

• visor.jpg
    visor.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 45
  • materials.jpg
    materials.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 35
  • stickyvisor.jpg
    stickyvisor.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 42
  • wetvisor.jpg
    wetvisor.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 34
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good write up, sounds like it would work. I'm gonna try it eventually. I did it on my last car (Mustang) and they just peeled off, but I think since I didn't use much heat the felt material left long strands that I had to trim. The only thing I'm worried about is the Goof Off, do you think you got it all? I wonder if those high quality "no rinse" carpet/ upholstery cleaners would work good.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually work in the carpet cleaning industry. You must use a solvent to remove the residue. The solvent is going to remove the residue with the least amount of agitation.(just like any fabric if you rub to hard or too much you will ruin the fibers. I tested a small peice of the visor for color fastness before I did the removal.

I have not had any problems so far but anyone who wishes to wait, I will give an update again in a few more weeks. My driver side has been done for 3 weeks not and the passenger side was done just the other day.

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 Denali - I would have had to buy some decals had I failed in my removal attempt. Nice Link - Thanks.

08_Denali

Reaction score
08 Denali - I would have had to buy some decals had I failed in my removal attempt. Nice Link - Thanks.

No problem Scotto. Although this writeup is great, Im sure there are guys like me that want warning labels gone, but just are willing to take the chance at pulling them off.

I think i will post this up in a new thread for everyone to see.