GMX-320 First Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just recieved the lockpick in the mail. I bought it off of ebay and it was brand new. My Tahoe was manufactured before 10/06 so I don't have to do all the button combos every time I start the car. The rear view camera is fun to watch but not really practical which I knew going in. Haven't seen it in the daytime yet but im sure its nice too. I haven't tried out the nav and its tracking yet since it is just enabled by default I'm not completely sure what will happen.

Proabably my favorite feature is the DVD while in drive which is defienetly not necessary but its nice to be the one in control of the movies.

Does anyone have the multi camera setup? If so where did you get the cameras?

Anyone make their own DVDs for the stock system? What software do you use to build it? I want to put say 3 comedy movies on one DVD etc.

gtcream17

Reaction score
i purchased a second camera for the front of my tahoe, so that i can see how close i am to the car of me when parallel parking, and pulling into some tight places. It was pretty simple to install. sometime i forget what buttons to press to turn it on but it works fine. I bought the camera off ebay for $37.00.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i purchased a second camera for the front of my tahoe, so that i can see how close i am to the car of me when parallel parking, and pulling into some tight places. It was pretty simple to install. sometime i forget what buttons to press to turn it on but it works fine. I bought the camera off ebay for $37.00.

$37 seems like a good price if it's a good quality. I want to put them on my turn signals and maybe 1 inside for a baby cam. I'm confused whether you can kick them on manually anytime, or if they configure to go auto like I saw on the Coastaletech video. Like the front cam would come on auto at low speeds and the sides when you hit the blinker, but you might not want the front to come on at every light (actually remember there was an override). But what about an interior cam, pure manual operation by default? I really wanted to hook these to my internet & with the alarm, but maybe too ambitious/ expensive. I just got the GMX320 in the mail today, btw.

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah if i remember right the front automatic cam can be disabled by pressing the mute button 4 times while in park and the turn signals cna be enabled manually in the same manner that the other video inputs are through xm

who was the seller you bought yours from? ive seen a bunch on there also is it a wide angle like the rear or just a camera i would think just a camera would suffice for the signals

gtcream17

Reaction score
the seller i bought it from on ebay name is "seanb69fsu" its the same back-up camera as whats installed from the factory. i just used it in the front because my wife is short and cant see the front to well. and its really good for parking. i dont have it set up to come on automaticly, just when i push the mute button and window lock it would come on.

the feature i like is when i turn on the front camera and then go into reverse, the rear camera would come on, and then when i go back into drive the front camera pops up within like 2 seconds. so i dont have to keep doing that mute 4times and window lock. (which is a pain)