Better handling with no drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sammyd173

Reaction score
I guess I'm a unique case in that I like the stock height of my 2004 2WD Tahoe.

What I want is a less wallowy ride and better handling.

What's the best bang for my buck? I was thinking sway bars and perhaps stifffer shocks?

Suggestions greatly appreciated!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can upgrade the stock swaybars with beefier pieces to help with bodyroll. Upgrading the the stock suspension bushings with polyurethane or polygraphite bushings will also help. And I know you don't want to lower the truck, so I'm just throwing this out there fyi, but handling will improve a lot by lowering the cg of the vehicle, especially one that sits as high as ours.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just doing sways helps substantially, I remember a guy on denalitrucks just did sways w/o a drop and he said it was 100x better. I can't imagine how well mine is gonna twist with sways and some more power, drop helped the road manners on my truck so much and I love the way it rides. You don't have an excuse to not drop a 2wd either :D

sammyd173

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Any options other than Eibach? They're backordered indefinitely.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hotchkis, belltech, suspension techniques, etc. Just pay attention to the bar diameters.