navigation help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inspekta383

Reaction score
greetings all i have a 2007 yukon slt ,,,,with regular radio,,,bose system,with xm satelite and onstar controls on steering wheel,,,i got the navi (HU) part # 15940103,,,,i have the mad cd disk ....what gm part # do i need for the gps antenna from ac delco....or gm???? and i DONT HAVE the rear dvd or rear camera and i DONT WANT them,,,,so what else will i need to get my navigation system working correctly,,,i have been hearing about not having turn signal sounds and horn sounds,,,,is this correct??,,,and what is this vss connector wire ,,,do i need it,,,,can anybody just tell me all the components i will need to have it working and where to get it from for cheap but OE quality ,,,,thank chevy/gmc guys

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need the gps antenna part #15201798 and you will need to get the connector kit with the vss wire and the two wires that connect the Onstar box to the nav radio. The kit has two connectors included, one plugs into the nav radio with a single vss wire attached and the other connector plugs into the Onstar box with two wires which have micro connectors on the ends that install into the factory harness connector that also plugs into the nav radio. The kit comes from JP Customs in Texas and is $44 including shipping. The gps antennas are available on eBay for $55-65 usually. Also see my previous install post here http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=460

You WILL have to have a dealer flash the nav radio after you install it (unless it was new in the box from gm) as it will be locked and since all of the sound functions in the 07's goes thru the audio system you will have no sounds, nada nothing until you have the radio flashed.

Last edited:

inspekta383

Reaction score
U R Da Best

Thank U Very Much ,,,so I Am Pretty Much Set,,,,is There A Specific Name Or Part Number For The Vss Connector From Jp Customs,,,i Will Go Online And Order It,,,,and I See You Have The Same Set Up I Want To Install,,,,do U Have Any Problems With It,,,does It Run Smoothly With All Of The Factory Functions Working Correcty,,,,i Heard Some People Say ,,,the Horn Ddoesnt Work Or Sound For Signal,,,did U Experience This ,,,and /or Get It Fixed Or Just Lived With It

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be able to order the kit online as they don't show it. Just call Brian at JP Customs and tell him you are installing a factory nav unit and need the kit with the two connectors, he will know exactly what you want. As I said before until the nav radio gets flashed at the dealer you will have no sounds from anything not even the click from the turn signals. Everything works fine after the flash and I love this unit and will never have another new vehicle without a factory nav unit!

inspekta383

Reaction score
Yeah I Am Definatly Listening To You And What U Recomend,,,just So I Dont Get Robbed At The Dealership,,,,,how Long Will It Take To Program The Head Unit,,,because I Know They Charge By The Hour

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the tech knows what he is doing then it will take 15-20 minutes and they will probably charge you for 1 hour.

Here are the tech tool computer codes they used on my Yukon without the rear dvd

ID Selected
3 15260990 For Avalanche/Escalade EXT with RPO UVC
4 15917510 New calibrations to address volume/fade/balance issues
5 15260987 For vehicles with UQA speakers but without RPO Y91
6 15260978 DVD Region 1 (NTSC) North America