when I remote start my Denali, the A/C will start automatically! can I alter that?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackDenali

Reaction score
When ever I remote start my ,07 Denali, the A/C will start cooling the cabin till I get in and put the key in, then it will shut off. I really dont like the idea of having the A/C on right away while the engine is still cold. Can I change that and have the A/C to start only manually when I get in the car???

the other question is, can I change the 10 min period to something less like 5 min??

Regards,,,

Hamad

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cooling & Heating

I would ask the service man at your dealer ship. I don't think as the owner you can change it but they may can.

The 10 is five more than a 2007 Tahoe. When you crank a Tahoe it's 5 minutes and then you hit the button again for 5 more.
So I bet they can change it, my guess anyway.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the Tahoe is also 10 minutes, if I read the manual right. But yeah, simple way to keep the A/C from coming on is to turn it off before you leave the vehicle! One of the great features of the remote start is that the vehicle will either heat or cool the vehicle prior to you getting in...just depends on where you last left the thermostat at. If you want to not have it turn on, just turn the A/C OFF before you exit...that simple.

As far as having the A/C turn on at startup, I don't see any issues? Yeah, fuel consumption will go up a little, but it's not going to hurt anything mechanically...

I don't believe the DIC will allow you to change the amount of time the remote start stays on, so you'll probably have to see if the dealer can use his programmer to change that?

disboardwidower

Reaction score
From the Yukon '07 Manual

"If your vehicle has an automatic climate control
system, during remote start, the climate control
system will default to a heating mode during colder
outside temperatures and a cooling mode during
warmer outside temperatures. If your vehicle
does not have an automatic climate control system,
during remote start the climate control system will
turn on at the setting the vehicle was set to when the
vehicle was last turned off."