Wiring/Nav/HU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

somekindofhate

Reaction score
Hey guys, new guy here.. just a quick question. Ive had the Kenwood KVT 819 flip out in my truck. Works flawlessly.

Today I picked up the G510, for what ive read so far it seemed the easiest to install and use.

Wired everything as it said, i spliced into the wiring harness that i have connected to the HU so i knew i got the wires correct..
Ground, Battery, Ignition, and then theres the parking brake wire.

I am not sure what i need to do now, i grounded the parking wire because it was grounded on my HU (for dvd bypass)

powered everything on and nothing changed on my SRC screen (no nav options) it's just grey'd out. I am in my driveway, antenna on top of car. Sat a few mins, nothing changed.

So reading over the manual again it didnt tell me to connect the parking brake wire.. so i disconnected it. tried letting it sit again and still nothing.

Any suggestions? From what ive read it seems it takes a while to get this
thing to kick in or something? I do have some tree cover but its nothing crazy.. and what about the parking brake wire?

Anyways, any suggestions would be great. I wish the G510 unit had some sort of power indicator on it - but its silent and no LED indicator on it at all.
Like i said, only the 3 wires, spliced into the working wiring harness of the HU.

Thanks ahead of time

EL_OCHO

Reaction score
Sorry bro, just got mine installed with every option except the DirectTV. Unfortunately, i did not see the installation from the experts who put everything together. I dont even know where the heck the G510 is installed under the dash.:nonod:

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double check the setup screens on the unit. I've seen a similar thing with my KVT617-DVD, I have to go back through the setup and select the correct source for my nav and my b/u camera. Not sure if it's the same w/ your unit or not.