Keyless remote programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blindmouse

Reaction score
Okay...heres the instructions for programming the keyless entry remote:

1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch on the drivers door.
4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON and OFF three times (not turn the truck on and off three times, just cycle to where all the accessories come on).
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors should lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button at the same time on one FOB. If alls well, in approx 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock.
7. Repeat the previous steps to program up to four FOBs.
8. Turn the igntion switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry programming mode.
9. Check each FOB to confirm operation.

tigerman37

Reaction score
Keyless Entry Remote...

Would re-programming the remotes correct the problem of them operating sporadically?

Thanks,
Nick

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score

4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON and OFF three times (not turn the truck on and off three times, just cycle to where all the accessories come on).
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors should lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button at the same time on one FOB. If alls well, in approx 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock.
8. Turn the igntion switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry programming mode.

I found that to make this programming work correctly, I had to cycle the ignition only Twice.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This wont work for me however this one does
but my remote wont program for some reason ?????

1. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under dash drivers side. Be sure you know which pins are 8 and 4.
(Notice port is wider on top row)

2. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode.

3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.

4. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be programmed.

5. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok using the instructions from my last post and I was able to program my 2 fobs but how about options?? can I make the lights blink during lock and unlock??

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct area?

Slammed, you are in the 07 + area. Do you have an 07 plus? It's hard to help when we are talking apples and oranges.

If you have an 07 + you can set the horn lights in the DIC.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oops LOL I have a 99 sorry wrong section

Slammed, you are in the 07 + area. Do you have an 07 plus? It's hard to help when we are talking apples and oranges.

If you have an 07 + you can set the horn lights in the DIC.