Truxxx lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott_in_AZ

Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe 4x4 and I am interested in giving my Tahoe a more rugged, beefier look.

This is a daily driver, I am not a big off road enthusiast and not looking to break the bank. I have been looking at the Truxxx 3 inch lift (not the leveling kit) which raises the front 3 inches and rear 1 inch.

Is this the best product to go with based on my wants?

Also could you recommend shocks or any other suspension part(s) that I should replace while I am installing this kit?

I would like to go ahead and replace the shocks and have been looking at Bilstein, KYB and Monroes. Any recommendations and model #??

Lastly I am looking to go with the widest tire possible (not necessarily the tallest) to give that beefier/aggressive look. What is the widest tire I can go ~ 305/70/, 315/70/ or even 325/70/? Any suggestion on wheel (looking at 17's) and tire size is appreciated.

Thank you,

Scott
Arizona

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The body lift is easier to do and less expensive. It also does not change the stock suspension geometry which keeps a stock ride. Look into it.

Scott_in_AZ

Reaction score
Not factoring in the cost, would you prefer the body lift or the Truxxx lift?

If you still recommend a body lift, which brand should I look for my year/platform?

If I go with the Truxxx, should I be looking for a shock that is OEM or one that is made for a 4" lift??

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a million lift kits on the market for those and to each his own. Opinions will vary but when you do a suspension lift all things suspension should be replaced and or considered when doing one to give appropriate performance as expected and also on road manners.