I noticed a difference in MP3 players.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you buy to hook it up. i had a 3.5mm and it hooked up fine in the nav system, but my iphone (vertually the same as your touch) still plays through its speakers.

can you point me in the direction of an adaptor??

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't need any adapter, as it sounds good enough stock.

how did you hook it up to the radio??? what i mean is the plug goes in the bose system just fine, but my cord does not set well with the iphone, i guess thats the difference between itouch and phone. I need to find a cord with the iphone computer hook up on one and the 3.5MM on the other.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
how did you hook it up to the radio??? what i mean is the plug goes in the bose system just fine, but my cord does not set well with the iphone, i guess thats the difference between itouch and phone. I need to find a cord with the iphone computer hook up on one and the 3.5MM on the other.

I'll post pics tomorrow, but I just using the stock i pod outlet in the Tahoe plugging it directly in to the i pod Touch and I use a power adapter, and that is really it, nothing fancy.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my simple but effective setup.I have noticed a slight improvement over my previous MP3 player, so I don't need to spend a ton of money to get good sound from the i pod and that makes me happy.

Attachments

• 100_5159.jpg
    100_5159.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_5158.jpg
    100_5158.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_5157 (Small).JPG
    100_5157 (Small).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 15

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think its freaking hilarious that you listen to Korn :smilielol::smilielol::smilielol: no offense of course. Thanks for the pics, i see where the phone and the touch differ, on the phone the jack is at the top. yours is on the bottom. i will have to find a smaller 3.5MM cord then.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think its freaking hilarious that you listen to Korn :smilielol::smilielol::smilielol: no offense of course. Thanks for the pics, i see where the phone and the touch differ, on the phone the jack is at the top. yours is on the bottom. i will have to find a smaller 3.5MM cord then.

Yeah I listen to Korn, Godsmack TOOL, The Offspring( my brothers band) Yeah I'm a rocker.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i for the life of me CANNOT get it to work, other ipods work, so i know its not the jack, i use the same chord, and my ipod ear buds work on the iphone jack. but i just cant get it to come through the radio. here are my pics to how i do it, maybe missed a step and its so ovious. Am i supposed to tell the iphone somthing???

here step 1. hook up the jack to the HU. See that AUX become avail.
aux1.jpg

step 2. change to AUX on the nav screen.

aux2.jpg

step 3. put some music on the iphone... yes this is my specail iphone spot. i have velcrow stuck to the back of the iphone and the other velcrow stuck there, 2 bucks and alot cleaner IMO. I know music is playing and the volume is up because the IPhone plays the music threw its own speakers. But even with the cord plugged in both ends it wont play through the radio.

aux3.jpg

here is a bad pic (sorry) of me trying to get a close up of the iphone jack hooked up.
aux4.jpg

im puzzled, maybe i should go get another cord, and get it from the apple store in the mall. but arents all cords alike as long as their 3.5MM??

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i for the life of me CANNOT get it to work, other ipods work, so i know its not the jack, i use the same chord, and my ipod ear buds work on the iphone jack. but i just cant get it to come through the radio. here are my pics to how i do it, maybe missed a step and its so ovious. Am i supposed to tell the iphone somthing???

here step 1. hook up the jack to the HU. See that AUX become avail.
aux1.jpg

step 2. change to AUX on the nav screen.

aux2.jpg

step 3. put some music on the iphone... yes this is my specail iphone spot. i have velcrow stuck to the back of the iphone and the other velcrow stuck there, 2 bucks and alot cleaner IMO. I know music is playing and the volume is up because the IPhone plays the music threw its own speakers. But even with the cord plugged in both ends it wont play through the radio.

aux3.jpg

here is a bad pic (sorry) of me trying to get a close up of the iphone jack hooked up.
aux4.jpg

im puzzled, maybe i should go get another cord, and get it from the apple store in the mall. but arents all cords alike as long as their 3.5MM??

So you are saying nothing comes through the truck speakers?, you might have a problem with the aux jack or some problem with the radio, as that set up should work.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are saying nothing comes through the truck speakers?, you might have a problem with the aux jack or some problem with the radio, as that set up should work.

i thought that too, but my buddys ipod nano worked just fine, but he used a cord he bought at the apple store. maybe the cord has internal wires pulled, i have that happen on guitar amp cords alot.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing I'd do is get another 3.5mm cord and try that. Also, in one of your pics it looks like the cord might not be plugged in all the way into your ipod, hard to tell as it is a bit blurry.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did some checking and found out not just any cord fits in to the reccessed jack in the iphone. so i wondering if you guys think this moster cable is worth the mola, or if theres a comparible cord that will fit for cheaper.

here, its also avail at my local apple store.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/T.../iphone_accessories/cables_docks&mco=Njg1OTE3

Monster cable is over rated and over priced, save you're money. Go to Circuit city and get an apple car adapter cable.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just started reading and agree with LG that Monster Cable is usually totally unneccessary. So it was just the cord, huh? Cool, enjoy your tunes. BTW, I know of the band showing on Laptop Gamer's screen, but who was that Brokeback looking cowboy on yours, RT???
Just playin man, just playin!!! Couldn't help it!! LOL
LG, you say your brother's in The Offspring? WTF, really???

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just started reading and agree with LG that Monster Cable is usually totally unneccessary. So it was just the cord, huh? Cool, enjoy your tunes. BTW, I know of the band showing on Laptop Gamer's screen, but who was that Brokeback looking cowboy on yours, RT???
Just playin man, just playin!!! Couldn't help it!! LOL
LG, you say your brother's in The Offspring? WTF, really???

LOL,, that was Rhett Akins. the song was called That Aint My Truck!!!!! ITs about how his girlfriend is home but its not his truck in the driveway, its someother dudes, i like it because he calles it a chevy 4x4. LOL, my iphone is full of songs like that.

like No love songs, by chris cagle, talkes about how a guy just broke up with his GF and he asks the dude to play him songs about how people cheat on people and no mushy love songs. LOL.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay LOL if he's talkin up Chevy trucks he's okay in my book then. Actually sounds like a good song, think i'll download it later. One thing I appreciate about Country music is the story element, very engaging sometimes.