Front Speaker Pods Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerB

Reaction score
Finally got the front speaker pods installed this weekend. They are pretty damn sweet (not that I'm biased, just sometimes I really impress myself). The alpine type R's running off the Bose amp are pretty good, hit hard. It's just the beginning, rear door pods to be installed sometime this week. Let me know what you think.

B

Attachments

• Driver pod.jpg
    Driver pod.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Pass Pod.jpg
    Pass Pod.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 37

IndigoDUBDUB

Reaction score
I have been thinking of doing the same thing but with 3 ways, and with stained maple...or carbon fiber...but i currently am out of carbon fiber...lol

KillerB

Reaction score
Got the rear doors in too.

Attachments

• rear door pod.jpg
    rear door pod.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 12

Chevyboy10

Reaction score
im doing the same with the new hertz 165 :) where did you get your pods?

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice those look really clean. Do you still have tweeters running on your front pillars like the Bose systems do?

KillerB

Reaction score
I got the pods from
customspeakerpods.com

They were super easy to install, took about 30 minutes per side, 4 holes in the front door panel and 3 holes in the rear door panel.
I mounted the crossover that came with the speakers to the inside of the door panel, kinda sweet and discreet. I disconnected the factory A-pillar tweeters. The front channels are 2 ohm (4 ohm woofer and 4 ohm tweeter, in parallel). The component set is a 4 ohm system, so I guess I could have kept the other tweeter, but I didn't like the focus of the position in the A-pillar. This setup is pretty good with the factory amp and head unit. It would be much better with a bigger amp, and a head unit that has some imaging capability.

B

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming the tweeters sound better down at that location? I'd love to do something like that a year from now.