factory amp to aftermaket amp ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sic_fx

Reaction score
i have an 02 tahoe with the non bose system with the factory sub, so i have the amp that runs the door speakers. this weekend i'm putting in 6-kicker comp 12's on a crunch pzi3000.1d, and i'm thinking the next upgrade will be new components and a 4-channel amp to run them.

what i want to know is, can i cut the wires at the factory amp and and use those to drive the door speakers? like in any other car without a factory amp(tag into factory harness behind radio).

if it helps i have a pioneer avic-d3 in it already. i have been installing professionally for quite a few years so i know what to do, just never done a 4-channel in a tahoe, most people don't need the power i think i do for mids and highs(plus the factory stuff cuts out at high volume:mad3:)

thanks in advance for any help.:iq:

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say just re-wire it. I just did it. It's not that bad. If you do decide to cut them, I would say leave enough in case you need to re-attach them.