Replacing Radio...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BackInTheSaddle

Reaction score
The radio lights on my 99 Yukon are half out and I'd like to replace it. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can purchase one and what would be a fair price?

thanks in advance.
:thumbsup:

NOKUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eBay is best if you'd rather not leave home. If you have any auto salvage yards nearby they too are an option. I'd call around first to see what they have. Either way your looking at $25 and up. Make sure they are either tested and working fine or come with a warranty of some sort.

RonH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The radio lights on my 99 Yukon are half out and I'd like to replace it. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can purchase one and what would be a fair price?

thanks in advance.
:thumbsup:

If you would prefer to fix the lights in your radio, that's the least expensive way to go. There are 10 LEDs in the radio and you can buy a replacement set for about $20 on eBay. If you don't have the tools/experience to install them, you might have a friend who can do it for you, or someone at a nearby Radio Shack store could help you find someone to do it for you.

BackInTheSaddle

Reaction score
That's what I would love to do. The radio works fine but I thought that the lights could not be replaced.

Any info on how to do that would be super helpful!!
Also, I tried searching eBay but found nothing. What exactly am I looking for?

Thanks.

RonH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an article I found with a Google search by someone who replaced their standard bulbs with blue LEDs. Gives a nice look to the display.

http://www.yorkspace.com/2006/02/35

Read the article and the replies for good info. I see in one of the replies that someone bought the bulbs at Radio Shack for $1.49.

I don't see any on eBay right now, but they will probably be back soon. They seem to be a regular item.

Good Luck

BackInTheSaddle

Reaction score
Thanks a ton!!!

I contacted the eBay dude and will let him deal with it for a mere 30 bucks.

...you're a lifesaver-I never would have found that stuff online.:thumbsup:

RonH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to help. Give us a report on your experience with that company. I've got a couple of bulbs gone in my radio too.