FabTech 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Bagg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So every where I look for a 6" FabTech lift, it's described as four door only. That don't make no damn sense to me. I'm 98% sure the only difference between the four and two doors it the length of the frame and drive shafts. It shouldn't affect the suspension. I should be able to put these "4 door only" lifts on my '98 two door right? I'm just looking for conformation from those who'd know.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my procomp lift was listed under the K1500 pick-up heading. there was also a 4-door tahoe/yukon lift listed as well. never did ask the difference.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4 door tahoe has a different way of attaching the torsion bar crossmember then the two door.

You are going to want the k1500 version of the lift kit not the 4 door tahoe one.

T-Bagg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4 door tahoe has a different way of attaching the torsion bar crossmember then the two door.

You are going to want the k1500 version of the lift kit not the 4 door tahoe one.

Thanks a lot newmarket. Does the EOD in your name have anything to do with Ordnance Disposal?

T-Bagg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your welcome, and yes sir it certainly does, I'm almost done with training to be an EOD tech in the Army.

I've been thinking of lat moving and going EOD in the Marines. There is a big reenlistment bonus for it. Plus there is that whole excitement thing. Especially when you compare it to being an "Airwing Marine"

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of lat moving and going EOD in the Marines. There is a big reenlistment bonus for it. Plus there is that whole excitement thing. Especially when you compare it to being an "Airwing Marine"

If you get the chance, i would highly recomend it. It is an awesome field to be in. I dont know much about the marine side, being Army but i know its a field like no other.

I ship off to YOngsan in Korea in about a month. Cant wait.