Nav system R&R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barakmd

Reaction score
Greetings! New to the forum and here with my first post/question...:) My wife and I just purchased an 05 Tahoe LT with only 30K miles to fill our full sized SUV needs. The rig came with all the creature comforts we wanted minus a NAV system. I've been able to find an OEM "Lux" NAV unit from an 04 Tahoe with the GPS antenna and map DVD for less than $200. From what I've learned so far, this unit should work in our 05 and I am considering replacing the current, OEM 6 disc Bose unit that is in our Tahoe now with this NAV system. I would like to know from the experts here and/or those that have done this mod, what I should expect. I know that I will probably have to get the NAV unit unlocked by the dealer, but I would also like to know if I need to get any other hardware to do the replacement (brackets, screws, wiring harness etc.). Also, besides losing the 6 disc option without an external changer, will everything else left from the Bose system still function well (sound quality, amp, steering wheel controls etc.)? Finally, is removing the old unit and installing the NAV system something fairly straight forward that I should be able to do myself? I consider myself pretty capable when it comes to working on and maintaining my vehicles, but I would hate to get in over my head during the process. Thanks...