Bose Speaker Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2005 Yukon SLT with bose and I have a pair of polk coxial speakers that I pull out of another car and was wondering if they would sound better than the factory speakers? Will the bose amp be able to give them enough power?

Thanks

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Hi,

I have a 2005 Yukon SLT with bose and I have a pair of polk coxial speakers that I pull out of another car and was wondering if they would sound better than the factory speakers? Will the bose amp be able to give them enough power?

Thanks

Now I could be wrong on this, but I think the Bose speakers have their own amp in the speaker, so if that is true, you would need a separate amp all together.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong on this, but I think the Bose speakers have their own amp in the speaker, so if that is true, you would need a separate amp all together.

They have there own bose amp, but its under the center console. No amp in the speakers. I just replaced my speakers but I'm not running them off the bose amp. But the quality and everything is way better of my amp vs the stock. Way louder and clearer.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
They have there own bose amp, but its under the center console. No amp in the speakers. I just replaced my speakers but I'm not running them off the bose amp. But the quality and everything is way better of my amp vs the stock. Way louder and clearer.

That makes sense as they don't spend a lot of money on the components for amps, in this case after market is always better if you want to spend the money.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My infinitys sound good off the stock amps, I was able to pull all the bass out of them and by disconnecting my stock sub the amp sounds 10x better. No more clipping and it gets pretty loud, still not the clarity I'm accustomed to but it is above average for most people. The 2.65ohm impedance is what helped mine stay loud, 4ohm might be too quiet or try disconnecting the factory tweets.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you think it will be worth it to replace the speakers? The polks are 4 ohm. I know they may not be quiet as loud as the factory speakers but should sound better than the paper factory speakers.

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anythings better than paper

2561321381_a5ae3edd10.jpg

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something here thought the amp and the sub for the factory are a one piece unit?

so the amp was able to be removed from the sub to drive a better system ?

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something here thought the amp and the sub for the factory are a one piece unit?

so the amp was able to be removed from the sub to drive a better system ?

They are in the same location, but are not one item. The sub is in the center console under the dash. The amp is located under the storage container.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the amp can drive a better sub then i would assume or is it still better just to get an aftermarket amp all together and tap off the wires i need to covert to an rca output ?

krunchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you adjust the setting on the amp? I just put in a jvc double din deck and even on the lowest setting the music is too loud to talk to passengers.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anythings better than paper

2561321381_a5ae3edd10.jpg

Slow down. Paper is actually very good. Its the perfect lightweight material for vocals. Its main downfall is its durability at high power.

If you cross them just right they produce great soft tones in the vocal range. 500-1000z.

There are just better built paper cone drivers than stock....lol

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you adjust the setting on the amp? I just put in a jvc double din deck and even on the lowest setting the music is too loud to talk to passengers.

The bose amp can't be adjust except by the radio. There are no dials on the amp at all. Otherwise it would have been put in a more accessible location.

krunchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Krunchy ,

awesome shot of an old mounty cruiser .....I say old since most are now using the impala. :)

Nope its an 07 The impala is being phased out the mws station interferes with the passenger side airbag so it cant be a two man car so the rcmp have stopped buying the impala its all crown victoria's now i think we only have two or three left in chilliwack its almost all fords for general duty as far as cars go.

ps Mountie