Bluetooth cellphone in Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdelmonte

Reaction score
Hey guys. I hate how the truck's phone has to have a different number as my cell. I talked to verizon which is my carrier but I have to get an extra plan w an extra number which sucks! I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to make it so I can use my bluetooth phone in the truck intergrated into the trucks phone? Like the new BMW's. As soon as you get in the bmw it automatically senses your phone and switches to car mode so if you get a call it goes through the car. AND if you get a text its on the screen!! Anyone know of such a device?? Thanks

Chris

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get an aftermarket headunit which supports bluetooth calling (dvd/ nav screen). that would be the least nonsense way to which you could use your phone and take advantage of the features you want, that your stock system does not have.

dstaysniak

Reaction score
BLUECONNECT: Bluetooth that works

I've installed and un-installed the RayTel 5000vi unit that allegedly interfaces with the factory NAV. It sounded terrible most of the time, people couldn't hear me half the time and I never could get it to display properly to the NAV screen.

According to a call to Scosche on 6/23/08, their BlueFusion product is delayed until sometime in September 2008. design issues interfacing with vehicle electronics was the reason given.

I have since had installed and impressed with the BlueConnect unit from Auto Intelligence, Inc. (Same as the Johnson Controls unit put in Honda's, Toyota's and Chryslers.) No issues with people hearing me and I can hear them clearly.

It is a self-contained unit and does not interface with the vehicle's sound system. I would HIGHLY recommend it.

quietcoolone

Reaction score
Chris,
you can buy and install a Motorola Bluetooth car kit in your vehicle so that it automatically connects to your phone. It will mute the stereo when you make or receive a phone call and you will hear the callers voice on the front speaker. Once you hang up the stereo gradually returns to the set level. GM LAN vehicles require this harness, and GM Class 2 requires this one.
Based on what I've read you will not be able to use Onstar system with your cell phone therefore you must purchase an aftermarket kit.