GM Lockpick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdelmonte

Reaction score
Has anyone here used or installed the lockpick? I was just curious as to what people thought about it and how it performed and all.

Big Dog Daddy

Reaction score
Installed both the Gen. 4 @ ipod lockpick in about 25-30 minutes and both work EXCELLENT !!! I would recommend either item to anyone

gbleezy

Reaction score
i just installed the gen5 lockpick yesterday. it was fairly simple, the only thing that took me a while was connecting the camera wire to the connector under the passenger seat. i also have the ipod lockpick that i will install tomorrow. so far i'm very happy with it.

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What problem did you have connecting that wire? Was it just hard to get to? I noticed on the Gen 4, you didnt have to do that. I wonder why on the Gen 5 you did..

gbleezy

Reaction score
What problem did you have connecting that wire? Was it just hard to get to? I noticed on the Gen 4, you didnt have to do that. I wonder why on the Gen 5 you did..

yeah, it was just hard to get to whether i moved the seat all the way forward or back. i had to connect the wire that came with the lockpick to the blue wire on the connector under the seat and i when i cut the wire under the seat, i should have left it longer on the connector cuz it would've been easier to crimp.

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh! Thanks for that! Ill be sure not to cut it so close to the connecter when I install mine!

WaynesNside

Reaction score
For those that have installed the IPOD Lockpick how fast is the interface with the IPOD? Does it go through the IPOD pretty quick?

I'm thinking about getting one here soon.

Jasnite

Reaction score
WaynesNside.....I installed my IPOD Lockpick yesterday....15 mins max. Works perfect. You can't go wrong. I also have the GEN-4 for DVD and NAV.....Installed in 30 mins..

WaynesNside

Reaction score
WaynesNside.....I installed my IPOD Lockpick yesterday....15 mins max. Works perfect. You can't go wrong. I also have the GEN-4 for DVD and NAV.....Installed in 30 mins..

Thanks for the reply...I'm going to get one now.

sodell

Reaction score
For all intents and purposes, I would say that the Gen4 Lock Pick and the factory Navigation system are "mutually exclusive". If I have a destination guidance programmed and try to fire up my lockpick to watch a DVD, I still get driving restrictions.

Another issue: Once I've run the LockPick and overridden the driving restriction, then the nav system is slow to respond and inaccurate in terms of its tracking of the vehicle...until the engine is shut off. I tried turning off the lockpick but he navigation never re-calibrated.

On the bright side, if you know where you're going and don't need navigation, the lockpick is really nice. The wife was quiet all the way home from St. Louis if you get my drift.

The iPodUnlock works great. Its responsive. I like paging thru songs 10x using the tuning knob until I'm close alphabetically, then using the steering wheel advance 1x to the songs I want.

All-in-all, I'd recommend both but again, that navigation vs. driving restriction override seems like they won't work simultaneously.

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your NAV recover after the lockpick is turned off completly and act normal again? I was thinking about getting the GEN5. Maybe they resolved this issue.

sodell

Reaction score
i sent an email to coastaltech and they told me to use the WINDOW POWER UNLOCK button to turn off the system and that the Nav would recover within a couple of minutes. That's what it says in the directions as well. Not sure that I'd say that actually worked but I need to give that a dedicated test and try it. Let ya know.

batter

Reaction score
bluetooth and lockpick

anybody install the lockpick and a bluetooth kit? Would you recommend? What bluetooth kit did you use?

Just got my lockpick and ipod lockpick today will probably install tomorrow or over the weekend, but thinking about adding bluetooth kit, but not sure what to add. :rolleyes:

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to see this before you ordered yours? I found it in the Tahoe Forums. Im ordering mine tommorrow. Im glad I saw it first! Hope it works!

After much searching, finally found another forum with a $100 discount still active on the GMX-320 Lockpick. Here's the original forum thread:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com...tml#msg1558505

GMX320 Lock Pick - $249 - $100 off!
Gen 4 Lock Pick - $199 - $50 off!
iPod Lock Pick - $89 - $40 off!

Here's the instructions:

1. Go to www.coastaletech.com and place item(s) in cart.
2. When done shopping, hit the Secure Checkout button.
3. Enter coupon code "ChevyFan" and hit the Register button.
4. You must use your forum Username from www.ChevyAvalancheFanClub.com as your UserName, then enter any password you would like.
5. Finally complete the form as you would normally. Your discount(s) will be applied to your cart automatically.

Just tried this code earlier today, and the order was placed successfully with a $100 discount on the GMX-320. Can't beat the deal...

On the phone, I saw this. Pricey though,, Gonna have to wait on this one..:-http://www.coastaletech.com/TellPhone5000demo.htm

batter

Reaction score
Did you happen to see this before you ordered yours? I found it in the Tahoe Forums. Im ordering mine tommorrow. Im glad I saw it first! Hope it works!

After much searching, finally found another forum with a $100 discount still active on the GMX-320 Lockpick. Here's the original forum thread:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com...tml#msg1558505

GMX320 Lock Pick - $249 - $100 off!
Gen 4 Lock Pick - $199 - $50 off!
iPod Lock Pick - $89 - $40 off!

Here's the instructions:

1. Go to www.coastaletech.com and place item(s) in cart.
2. When done shopping, hit the Secure Checkout button.
3. Enter coupon code "ChevyFan" and hit the Register button.
4. You must use your forum Username from www.ChevyAvalancheFanClub.com as your UserName, then enter any password you would like.
5. Finally complete the form as you would normally. Your discount(s) will be applied to your cart automatically.

Just tried this code earlier today, and the order was placed successfully with a $100 discount on the GMX-320. Can't beat the deal...

On the phone, I saw this. Pricey though,, Gonna have to wait on this one..:-http://www.coastaletech.com/TellPhone5000demo.htm
Yes I did that is what put me over the top. Also got ipod lockpick for a discount I think $89, which with both discounts it was like getting ipod lockpick for free.

Detroit Denali

Reaction score
GMX 320 Issue...

I love the lockpick in the truck, but am I supposed to lose my XM??? Now that the lockpick is hooked up with the iPod, I can't get back to my XM...

Any help?? Thanks!

sodell

Reaction score
if you're asking how to switch between the XM and the iPod, you push the oval shaped text button on the center of your navigation screen, that will take you to a menu where you'll see SOURCE...select that and then select RADIO (or iPOD), whichever you want. if you select radio, the nav screen will go to "scanning" and then return to normal state on its own after a few seconds.

if you're saying that XM has to be in service (like you have to have an activated plan) for iPOD LOCKPICK to work, I was told that it didn't ... my truck is still new I'm not near XM expiration...so i don't know.