3/4 lowering kit on 99 tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiamiJack

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 3/4 belltech lowering kit for my 1999 tahoe. I was talking to some friends at a local shop and they were telling me that my kit wouldn't work with my wheels and tires. I have 22's, with Nitto 285/45's. I know i may have to mod some thing on the car for it to work. Do any of you have the same kit and wheel size as I do? Or anyone know what I may have to remove? I know, super noob questions, haha.

-Jack

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that should fit. i could fit 22s on my s10 if i tried hard enough

MiamiJack

Reaction score
Haha, yea. I'm putting it on next monday. Everything should work, i measured it all out. You have some pics of your S 10?

zerominded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do. i just have to get them uploaded. check this thread in a day or two

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i see you live in Charleston, i used to live in Beckly - let me know how the kit works out for you.. and is that a 2wd or 4wd?

-Also - from experience... - My yukon wasn't lowered just stock height w/ my 275/55/20s they can and will hit the fenders causing them to bow out and dent - also causing the tires to get cut up on the sides - because of that lip on the fender - you may want to roll the fenders

MiamiJack

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. But sadly, after tons of cash and time, my tahoe is out of commission. The engine is locked, needs flywheel and starter. More money than I have at the moment to repair or drop something else in. So, I am currently without a vehicle. on the brightside, bikes don't need gas. lol.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
umm heres a good idea.. sell me your 3/4 kit to get your flywheel and starter.. sound good?? : )

Lowboy44

Reaction score
I had a 95 Tahoe 4dr. 4wd that was lowered 3-4. I had 22's w 265 40 22. The most important thing about a 3-4 drop and 22's is the offset of the wheels. The wheels I had were 22x9.5 with a +40 offset.
Good Luck
Here is a pic
100_2109.jpg