3-inch body lift will void your warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fbt4

Reaction score
Just found this site and it looks like it has a ton of great info. I Just bought a 2006 tahoe. I have always had lifts on my trucks but they were always older and out of warranty. This one has a 100,000 mile extended warranty. If i put a 3 inch body lift on the truck will the warranty be voided? The truck has 26K miles so i would hate to screw that up. If you have any info please let me know. Also if you have any pics of your lifted tahoe I would love to see them. Thanks all...

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty will only be voided for any parts affected by the lift. IE shocks, joints, indpendent front axels but not your motor, radio etc..

Google automotive warranty law

tahoenut07

Reaction score
Warranty Voided!!

It used to be that the only voided parts were those that were effected directly by the after market modifications to the vehicle.

Auto manufacturers are kicking this up a notch to cut back on warranty costs.

Modifications to your vehicle, like the lift can void the warranty IF the GM people above the dealership level find out.

Dealerships will take care of you 99% of the time, but you could void more than just a few parts by installing your lift.

I would pull out the extended warranty papers and take a look.

YukonSS

Reaction score
It's the Magnuson-Moss Act. It's a Federal law. Look it up. BUt the above posters are correct in a sense. Dealers and Corporate will try to deny your whole warrranty because you modified your vehicle. Educate yourself. If you go to the dealer because your transmission went out and the only mod you have done was dual exhaust, they (dealer/corporate) can not deny the warranty on the transmission..UNLESS they (dealer/corporate) can PROVE that your dual exhaust caused your transmission to go out. The only thing that is truely voided in this example would of course be your factory exhaust...that you no longer have on the vehicle! Hope this helps---YukonSS :thumbsup:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
It's the Magnuson-Moss Act. It's a Federal law.

True. The Magnuson-Moss Act is a very important law, especially when dealing with modifying vehicles still under manufacturer warranty.

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C))