Cd player question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingofthecouchguy

Reaction score
I just installed a aftermarket cd player in my 99 tahoe, I used a wiring harness from beamriders and now i have no sound out of my rear door speakers front and very back roof speakers are working they said it's the right one, any thoughts?

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most aftermarket cd players only have a 4 channel amplifier. so if u have 6 speakers u will have to rewire things a bit to get sound.

to do it correctly u will need another amplifier, but u can just wire the rear door and rear roof speakers together if u just want sound. they will not be getting much power and will probably sound ****ty at high volume tho.

here try this link:

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/GM/PDF/460005.pdf

page 7 has a chart that tells u what color wires in the harness do what. just splice the rear ones together before the harness and u should get sound.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the harness behind the radio has a pink wire that needs to be powered by the amp turn on of your new radio.(should be blue or blue with white on the new radios harness ). the pink wire is the turn on wire for a small amp that is under the drivers seat that powers only the rear door speakers.

kiddcarbuff

Reaction score
oh nice, i have an aftermarket amp powering my woofer going into my tahoe. im not 100% sure if it has the 3rd speaker set its a 99 ls

kiddcarbuff

Reaction score
but yeah to post again this speaker deal is still slightly making me angry. so how would i correctly run the roof speakers from my amp for my woofer?