Eonon e837

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Satalite, or Ipod, doubt if the bluetooth is very good

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Satalite, or Ipod, doubt if the bluetooth is very good

i dont really know what the satallite is for??, and as far as the ipod goes im one of the few who doesnt have one. other than to talk on the phone through your system, what else is the bluetooth used for. i dont think i want every one in the truck hear my conversation but it might be kinda cool to use when im alone. keep the opinions comin because im still thinkin bout gettin it. anyone here ever used these?

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never heard of that brand

i am an audio guy worked for a few shops for about 8 years sold alpine kenwood and pioneer. so for what i am about to say is just weird. i have owned many of these brands flip out screens and they are great but now i am older and the $ they want for them just seems nuts. i did alot of research and came up with the jensen vm 9512 bluetooth ipod sat. and everything plus it has what they call multi zone out wich means i can use the dvd player in the screen to send video back to my flip down screen and my daughter can watch and listen on her headphones while my wife and i either listen to the radio or sat. or even something off the sd card. i love this thing i got it brand new for $375 shipped to me off this link http://www.cartronixplus.com/.

but if you would have told me a few years ago i would own a jensen product i would have laughed at you but i really think they have made big changes they are not the company off crap we are all used too.

this is just my two sense but the unit is great does all and more i would evere need at least check it out.http://http://www.cartronixplus.com/

btw i no longer have the 97 hoe i now have a 01 burban that this unit is in

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont really know what the satallite is for??, and as far as the ipod goes im one of the few who doesnt have one. other than to talk on the phone through your system, what else is the bluetooth used for. i dont think i want every one in the truck hear my conversation but it might be kinda cool to use when im alone. keep the opinions comin because im still thinkin bout gettin it. anyone here ever used these?

Satalite radio, (XM or Sirius) nor does it offer compatability for HD radio.
As for bluetooth, It is very convienent to use for the cell phone

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Satalite radio, (XM or Sirius) nor does it offer compatability for HD radio.
As for bluetooth, It is very convienent to use for the cell phone

well yeah thats true, but how do u think i compares to other cheap hu's like jensen and dual. out of the three which do u prefer?....also it says somthin bout tvsystem so maybe u could watch tv with a tuner, and with the built in usb port u may be able to use ipod or other mp3 players. all of that plus sd slot and it being 65x4 and 12v power supply IMO makes it better than other cheap hu's.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would save up for one I would be satisfied with. Your GM radio is way better than your 3 choices. Odds are, you will have to do some sort of mods to the dash to make it right. This is where all those old saying come true, Patience is a vertue, and you only get what you pay for.
Why torment yourself with a lower quality product, that you will probably regret within a month. Craftsmanship means alot, When you look at all the others, you have to ask yourself, what shortcuts did they take to make this so inexpensive? Sure you pay some for the name,ie; Alpine, Kenwood but you also get local authorized dealers for customer service. Ultimately the choice is up to you and your budget,

01lt_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bluetooth is good for more than just phone conversations... My headunit has a headset profile (phone converstions) but it also has a a2dp profile (music)

when I connect to my a2dp profile I can control my phones mp3 player via my headunit & stream music by bluetooth... It comes in real handy when I listen to internet radio & podcast's etc... I use to have to use fm transmitters having a bunch of wires running everywhere

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Personally I'd save a few more dollars and go with a better quality unit. Cheaper priced units usually use cheaper quality parts and electronic components with wide tolerances. Especially being motorized, there's a few more parts that can fail, especially the cheap ribbon cable that attaches the monitor to the main unit. I agree with one of the earlier posts that Jensen has come up in recent yrs. They used to be crap, but they are definitely much better than they used to be and the price isn't bad.
There are many bluetooth profiles, not just HFP. Some bluetooth units can transfer audio and data. Not all Bluetooth units will work the same. Check the bluetooth profile(s) the unit will support if this is one of the features you are interested in.