DD in a 2002 tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brtn.se7en

Reaction score
will the kenwood DNX7120 or 8120 DD fit in a 2002 tahoe with just a wiring harness...or is there gonna be "modding" involved...or will i just be outta luck? i saw that it fit fine in the 03 and up...anyone know for sure about the 02? thanks

brtn.se7en

Reaction score
ive looked quite a bit trying to find someone who has done this, instructions, manuals..anything. is it really even worth it? my only issue with the flip ups is that you have to buy the kit...and they arent exactly attractive, with all that plastic sticking out and what not. any other ideas?

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
search jkmotorsports threads in here and youll find his tutorial on how he modded his dash and what not for a DD to fit

01lt_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive looked quite a bit trying to find someone who has done this, instructions, manuals..anything. is it really even worth it? my only issue with the flip ups is that you have to buy the kit...and they arent exactly attractive, with all that plastic sticking out and what not. any other ideas?
I posted pics of the 1st half of the install, and see jk's thread for the 2nd half... The thread I posted in is on page 2 of this forum & JK's thread is on page 3... Its definitely worth the hassle

*edit* the thread I posted pics in http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=8272

Last edited: