Why So hard to find?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to pull the trigger on a LT3 or LTZ Tahoe and can't find a Gray one with DVD, bench seats and 4wd and one or two other bells and whistles. :mad2: Sheesh! In fact any color LTZ with bench seats are hard to find. Except for Silver Birch which doesn't really look silver and Gold Mist.:puke:

Then I found a black one today with pretty much the stuff I wanted and the sales rep tries to bag me on the wheels. This particular Tahoe had 24" aftermarket custom wheels on it installed at the dealership and they were charging handsomely for it. Only problem was they were trying to charge me for the 20" RCS option package wheels that originally came on the truck cause it was on the invoice! :nono: :nono: :nono:

I said: How can you charge me for wheels that aren't even on the truck? Then try to charge me $3000 on top of that for the custom wheels on it right now? They said cause if its on the invoice they have to charge for it. :confused: HUH? Ok...FU very much, have a nice day.

Rant Over. Thank you all listening.

I like having a new car, I hate trying to buy one!

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels & Deals

I say go back to the dealer and say look. I was in here the other day and your sales man is trying to rip me off. Talk to the salesmanger only no sales man. I bet he will work with you. Better yet talk with the owner if you can.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say go back to the dealer and say look. I was in here the other day and your sales man is trying to rip me off. Talk to the salesmanger only no sales man. I bet he will work with you. Better yet talk with the owner if you can.

:iagree:

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say if you are absolutely passionate about what you want go to another dealership.

I've been to 3 dealerships and can't find exactly what I want. Might have to go the ordering route, but I've been waiting on a Tahoe so long, I just want to trade and drive off. Hate waiting for cars as there's a multitude of things that can go wrong.

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The salesmanger was the slime that wouldn't listen. The sales guy understood what i was telling him. He was just being a puppet for the manager and towing the company line.

I've bought many cars in my life time and know how to get a fair deal, but I'd love to see one day where there's standard pricing. You can just walk into a dealership pick what I want and pay.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
F*** that dealership....

The salesmanger was the slime that wouldn't listen. The sales guy understood what i was telling him. He was just being a puppet for the manager and towing the company line.

I've bought many cars in my life time and know how to get a fair deal, but I'd love to see one day where there's standard pricing. You can just walk into a dealership pick what I want and pay.

Hate to say it, but Chevy's are a dime a dozen....I would rather wait or compromise a little on what I want before giving a dealer like that one red cent of my money....and after you buy one, make sure you let the dealer know they lost $40K....

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but Chevy's are a dime a dozen....I would rather wait or compromise a little on what I want before giving a dealer like that one red cent of my money....and after you buy one, make sure you let the dealer know they lost $40K....

No Question! Everyone knows how this game is played, but after I caught them trying it and then they still tried to charge for it with some ridiculous excuse/reason...well thats just treating people like they're stupid. :mad2: :mad2:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Question! Everyone knows how this game is played, but after I caught them trying it and then they still tried to charge for it with some ridiculous excuse/reason...well thats just treating people like they're stupid. :mad2: :mad2:

All dealers are like that, trying to give you the run around and squeeze some extra cash from you. I really hate that:mad:

PartyOf5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All dealers are like that, trying to give you the run around and squeeze some extra cash from you. I really hate that:mad:

I don't mind the run around. If they're better negotiators than me, thats fine. The lights at a dealership don't go blink-a-dee-blink cause they're selling cars at even money. No matter how good a deal we get, we got to drive off the lot because they made something on it(99% of the time).

So I'm good with all of that. Just don't try to blatantly cheat, get caught and then say something really stupid. Just say it was a mistake, take it off and lets proceed.

Most buyers are pretty savvy now-a-days. They'll catch someone if they try to charge $1795 for 20" wheels on top of the $3000+ for custom aftermarket 24" wheels. Completely brazen!