Dynamat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many square feet of dynamat (or similar) would i need to do a good job on a 2007 Tahoe? I defiantly want to do the doors and rear cargo area. i don't think i will do the headliner. Where else would it need to go? Floor boards? I only plan on doing components up front coaxials in the rear and single 300w RMS 10 inch subwoofer. Nothin crazy just want a little sound deadening.

Does anyone have anything against FatMat? Dynamat is the big name brand but am i paying for the name? Fatmat is less than half the price of Dynamat on ebay.

Thanks guys. Any tips are appreciated.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The amount is soley up to your discretion and desires. I did a lot of research when doing my car and the best bang for the buck is RAAMmat BXT. I didn't need a whole roll, so I just went with dynamat xtreme which is similar in quality. But it sounds like you are doing a more thorough job than I am, so I'd go with the RAAMmat.

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The amount is soley up to your discretion and desires. I did a lot of research when doing my car and the best bang for the buck is RAAMmat BXT. I didn't need a whole roll, so I just went with dynamat xtreme which is similar in quality. But it sounds like you are doing a more thorough job than I am, so I'd go with the RAAMmat.

would the 62.5^2 foot roll be enough to do a thorough job? The RAAMmat is very pricey compared to fatmat. Is it that much better? I looked at the site and have no doubt that it is superior to most, but do i need it for my mild to medium aftermarket system?

Thanks again Gambler

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would the 62.5^2 foot roll be enough to do a thorough job? The RAAMmat is very pricey compared to fatmat. Is it that much better? I looked at the site and have no doubt that it is superior to most, but do i need it for my mild to medium aftermarket system?

Thanks again Gambler

I don't know much about fatmat, I found this on the DIY forum:

I got into a battle with him on SSA about claims on the FatMat site that it was butyl. After going back and forth, he agreed that it wasn't butyl, but insisted on calling it "rubberized mastic" (look it up, it means asphalt). He removed the word butyl from the FatMat site and said he instructed the person who takes phone calls to stop saying it was butyl. He also said he has no control over the sellers on eBay and the other Web sites selling FatMat. If you do some research, they all go back to him.

You really want to stay away from the asphalt stuff (this includes dynamat original). You want a butyl based material. Here is a really good comparison page if you want to look into it more.

brdnboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about fatmat, I found this on the DIY forum:

You really want to stay away from the asphalt stuff (this includes dynamat original). You want a butyl based material. Here is a really good comparison page if you want to look into it more.

WOW. That is comprehensive. Thank you very much! All i needed to see was the conclusion.

"Best Value
RAAMaudio's RAAMmat BXT is a high quality product priced to compete with asphalt mats. If you are considering an asphalt sound deadener based on price, please reconsider."

Sounds like thats my ticket. Thanks again gambler. Whenever i get around to doing all this interior modification i will take lots of pictures for anyone who wants to see.

DRINKSALOTOF151

Reaction score
I Completely Covered My O8 Tahoe With Dynamatt Used 6 Bulk Packs To Cover Complete Truck And Double On Roof