Considering Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taho

Reaction score
Fog Lights

:thumbsup: Just Do It !!! Why not ? Looks good !!! Let us know how it looks (pix), and how easy/hard the installation went. :thumbsup:

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats prolly what I'll end up doing. Just beside the tow hooks is where I had thought of mounting them. Has anyone else done this on there Tahoe?

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering getting a good set of fogs for my Tahoe, but I'm not sure where I would mount them. The need to be mounted low to be effective. The lower the better.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike97 I see you have the same tow hooks just beneth the front bumper. I was thinking about mounting the fog lights beside the tow hooks closer to the head&signal lights. would it be a bad Idea to just "drill'em" right on?

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know that it would be a bad idea, except it might look kinda funny unless you cut holes in the front air dam. Then you could recess the lights into the air dam instead of trying to make them fit in front of it. Or take off the air dam completely. That's what I am thinking of doing. That's about the right height from the road to mount them.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first time u do some good off road wheelin yer gonna lose that front valence. the black plastic thing under the bumper around the tow-hooks that is. u can get a custom bumper that has pockets for lights but it will be expensive. i have seen 6" round hellas mounted on the bumper in front of the grille on either side of the bowtie. they just drilled a hole straight down to mount em. it looked pretty sick but not sure if that would be low enough for fog lights to effectively light the road under the fog. the 2000 obs tahoe z71 has the bumper with light pockets for fogs i think.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics of bumper fogs

z714.jpg

z713.jpg

z71.jpg

anybody got a brush guard off of one of these for sale??

i have looked everywhere for one without success

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have got the Bar and Fog Lights on the front of mine and i LOVE them. however im not selling mine. but i would check eBay.com or craigslist.org. i have seen a few on craigslist. when you are looking make sure you check under Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, Silverado and Sierra. i have seen most of them under Suburban for some reason sence the never came on the Suburban.

Class_D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn those brush guards look wicked!!

Cutting holes in the air damn about 7-9 inches away from the tow hooks is what I'll prolly do.

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds good D, don't forget to give us some pics after u do the install =)

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
z714.jpg

z713.jpg

z71.jpg

anybody got a brush guard off of one of these for sale??

i have looked everywhere for one without success

I've been looking for one of those bumpers every time I visit the junkyards around me, because I like the idea of mounting fogs in the holes. But all I ever find are the solid bumpers. I've only ever seen them on 3/4 ton diesel pickups. I didn't know that some Tahoes came with them too.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only tahoe's i've seen with that bumper from the factory are the few "limited" edition ones, and the very last ones before they switched to the new body style.

I believe LMC carries the precut bumpers.

Are they just holes in the bumper or do they have mounts made into the bumper? i was debating cutting my stock bumper out and adding some driving lights in there (i'll be swaping to a winch bumper sometime this summer anyway)

2000 Z71 Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that bumper only came on the 2500 and 3500 trucks (not many) and the Tahoe with the Z71 option. and chevy only made the Z71 in that body in 1999 and 2000 (like my 2000). that is prolly why you are having such a problem finding one. i dont kow where you could look to find one but they are out there.

sorry, wish i could help more.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMC Truck Part Number
39-9804 (W/o black trim holes)
39-9807 (W/black trim holes

their price is $189.95 list is $237.44

Good luck trying to find a used one, and even more so one that not over priced.

theres the tahoe limited that sits down the street that has that bumper on it, i've seen a couple more in the classifieds that have them as well. i can't remember what the years of them were but there are very few of them out there. my bad i meant to put the last old body style Z71's.

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering getting a good set of fogs for my Tahoe, but I'm not sure where I would mount them. The need to be mounted low to be effective. The lower the better.
hey what year rims are you running?nevermind just saw your sig lol .....what a dumbass i am!:ktoe:

a bigger side picture with them would be good to look at they look sharp on it.....

Last edited:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey what year rims are you running?nevermind just saw your sig lol .....what a dumbass i am!:ktoe:

a bigger side picture with them would be good to look at they look sharp on it.....

Thanks!

LMC Truck Part Number
39-9804 (W/o black trim holes)
39-9807 (W/black trim holes

their price is $189.95 list is $237.44

Good luck trying to find a used one, and even more so one that not over priced.

theres the tahoe limited that sits down the street that has that bumper on it, i've seen a couple more in the classifieds that have them as well. i can't remember what the years of them were but there are very few of them out there. my bad i meant to put the last old body style Z71's.

Thanks for the part numbers. They also have paintable bumpers for $100 less than the chrome one.

39-9904 Bumper-Paintable w/o trim holes
39-9907 Bumper-Paintable withe trim holes