How to: Install of Eibach Pro kit (non auto ride)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This install took me about 3.5 hours and was somewhat involved. A friend to help is a must to make it go smoothly. Here's what you need to do it:

1. Hydraulic jack, stands, and wheel chocks
2. Air compressor (optional, but it will go 2X faster)
3. Spring compressor (You can get at any auto parts store)
4. 21mm deep socket
5. 18mm deep socket
6. 15mm deep socket
7. Pry bar or something for leverage

I opted to do the rear first so you will need to chock the front wheels and loosen the lug nuts slightly on the rear wheels.

2hfph6s.jpg

Next, position the jack under the rear differential and jack the truck up until the rear wheels are off the ground a couple of inches. Place the jack stands under the frame rails, then drop the weight of the truck onto them, making sure they are level and secure.

35db61l.jpg

Now, remove the rear wheels and use the 18mm socket to loosen the sway bar nuts as shown

4cbll08.jpg

Now, remove the shock bolts using the 21mm socket

4417zh4.jpg

Once the sway bar connections and shocks are disconnected, very slowly drop the rear end down, careful not to snag any sensor wires or brake lines.
As the rear end comes down, the springs will loosen and free up. Go ahead and pull the springs out. It might take a little bit of gentle persuasion.

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2qa4u9x.jpg

Notice the difference between the stock and the new Eibachs:

2zzrb6o.jpg

Take the rubber off of the stock springs and put on the new ones. The rubber prevents any noise from the spring coils touching.

34hgc29.jpg

Reinstall everything in reverse. Have a buddy jack the rear up as you guide the springs back into position. Re-tighten everything up and that's it for the rear.

Now the fun part! The front!

Use the e-brake to keep the back from moving and use the engine crossmember as a jacking point. Position the stands like before on the frame rails and remove the front wheels. The front uses coil over shocks and provides a pretty supple ride.

2wmezye.jpg

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wmezye.jpg

Start by removing the two 15mm bolts on each side that hold the bottom of the coil over assembly to the lower control arm.

2vxem3n.jpg

Now, locate and remove the 3- 18mm nuts on each coil over holding it from the top. You can do it from underneath or on top. (I did both) The top will require the use of some extensions to reach.

2a8q688.jpg

485vm38.jpg

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now once all the nuts/bolts are removed, use the pry bar to remove the assembly from the bottom.

30sbj40.jpg

Here's the assembly next to another important tool...

43qnw2c.jpg

Now, loosen the 18mm nut on each top hat of the coil over SLIGHTLY. Do not take it off, you will be SERIOUSLY INJURED by the spring. Use the spring compressor to take the tension off the spring. Once the tension is off, remove the 18mm nut and pull the top hat and spring off the shock.

33abayr.jpg

You need to replace the stock bump stop with the supplied bump stop or cut 2" off of the stock one. This will allow for use of the stock shock and make for a factory ride.

359lnhe.jpg

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to do one side at a time to allow a stock reference to the order of the dust boot, spring top and bottom, bump stop, etc. Reinstall everything in reverse and tighten up all nuts and bolts. Drop the truck down and admire your new stance!!

Here's the before and after. Not a huge difference, but better! Happy slammin!!

4bdtac7.jpg

30kppqp.jpg

DISCLAIMER: This is how I did it, and I am not responsible for any damage, injury, or negligence as a result of your installation. Use common sense and be safe!!!

tbourg4

Reaction score
How does it ride compared to factory? What size tires do you have and the offset of the wheels, and does it rub any?

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It rides nice and handles great. There is less suspension travel so it doesn't feel like you are floating on a cloud anymore. As with any lowered vehicle, you trade off a little comfort for performance. To each his own!

As for the size, they are 275 55 r20's and IIRC, the offset is +40. I have had no rubbing issues whatsoever.

meathead

Reaction score
lift, not drop

Nice write up. Pretty straight forward. However, I'm looking for about a 2-3" lift. Any suggestions w\out messing up the ride or gas mileage?

SlickTahoe

Reaction score
Eibach w/ autoride

I installed a set of Eibach springs on my 07 w/ autoride this weekend. The front dropped 2-3/4" and the rear 2-1/2". The install went very well. Eibach includes shorter push rods for the autoride sensors. The ride is great but the front is so low I can't roll a floor jack under. The truck still has the stock looking rake. I was looking for a level look as well. I ordered 2" spacers for the front to level the truck. I hope I can cut them down to 1-1/2". I think this will give the truck a good "SS" look.

SS#1230

Reaction score
i like it. looks like it leveled it a tad as well.

did you need an alignment right after the spring swap? i wouldnt think so since you didnt have to pull the spinles or anything.

SlickTahoe - that sucks that your kit made your rake worse! doesnt eibach advertise more drop in the rear on those springs???? i want my tahoe to be level.

Last edited:

SlickTahoe

Reaction score
I added a 2" leveling kit from Super Lift in the front. Now it looks perfect. I have about 1/2" of rake and the truck corners like it's on rails.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like it. looks like it leveled it a tad as well.

did you need an alignment after the spring swap? i wouldnt think so since you didnt have to pull the spinles or anything.

SlickTahoe - that sucks that your kit made your rake worse! doesnt eibach advertise more drop in the rear on those springs???? i want my tahoe to be level.

You should always get the alignment checked when you do anything that changes the attitude of the vehicle.

SS#1230

Reaction score
You should always get the alignment checked when you do anything that changes the attitude of the vehicle.

im talkin about getting it to the shop. when i did the drop on my S-10 with spindles & springs in the front, i was lucky i didnt wear my tires out driving 15mph for 2 miles. i had to do a cave man alignment at home to drive it to the shop.

with the coil over set-up on the tahoes it should only be a slight adjustment needed. im excited about it now. i wasnt going to touch my tahoe suspension untill i saw this thread!

SS#1230

Reaction score
hey man, i just noticed something. i can see the numbers writen on your spring box and it says 38106.540.

according to the eibach website, the PN for the non-autoride vehicles is 38107.540, and the PN for the autoride tahoes is 38106.540.

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/02158.1.3711807306100021227

looks like you might have the springs for the autoride vehicle on your tahoe.

just thougth id let you know....

SS#1230

Reaction score
my previous post was meant for GAPP. but obviously the springs for the autoride trucks fit the non-autorides....