aux jack connection noise???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldenrod49

Reaction score
I have an 08 LTZ and have installed a sirius stilletto unit. I have it powered through the car but the connection is via the aux jack. The problem is that I get a crackilng, whine, buzzing type noise, (its not all I'm just trying to give a general idea). Anyway, I tried different cables (cheap to good) with no help. I took it in to my dealer because I thought that the aux jack was bad. They said its fine and there is a tsb on it, #06-08-44-015a. It says I need a ground loop isolator and suggests one from radio shack. It comes with a y-adapter but I would then need another y adapter. I dont care about the $ but dont want all this crap everywhere. Does anyone know of a unit which has the 1/8 inch (3.5) connection on at least one end or hopefully both?
Thanks.

goldenrod49

Reaction score
Good Update!!!

Thanks for the help. I found a piece on crutchfield for $18 that has the right connections so I dont need all the 3.5 and y adapters. Works PERFECT! !!