Dark / Light Titanium Leather - How’s it Wearing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

czar97

Reaction score
My wife and I have been looking at 2007 Tahoes with graystone metallic for exterior and black leather interior. However, this weekend we sat in a Dark / Light Titanium leather interior and absolutely loved it.

Our question is for those of you who have had it for a while now. How is it wearing? All of my experiences with white or light colored leather is that the creases that form from sitting in the seat tend to get a bit dirty. Kind of looks like dark crease marks all pointing toward the center of the seat. Also how hard is it to keep clean?

Thanks for any information,
-Matt

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, so good...I have the Titanium, but have only had for 2 months. If it is like any other GM leather seat, the outer edge will start wearing, and I know what you mean by the creases and dirty look to it. The carpet shows more dirt it seems also. But I just came out of a black leather car, and it shows every dust particle, every hair, every ounce of dirt right after you clean it...so you really can't win.

I went with Titanium because the Ebony was just too dark for my tastes...the Titanium and Beige interiors have a nicer, softer contrast to them I think...

Maybe someone with more miles can tell you more about the wear, but like I said, so far so good...but I'm expecting the same old wear patterns on the seats as it seems all GM seats have had for me...

JTS001

Reaction score
FWIW, graystone metallic over ebony is a really rich, classic combo. Really striking. Whichever you get, don't forget the pics.:)

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leather

I've had mine a little over a year now with over 10,000 miles on it. I took these last weekend.

Driverside.JPG

Driversideinside.JPG

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the darker leather and trim myself but my wife says no way because it would be hotter. We live in San Diego and the sun can be brutal out here, I agree the lighter color would not retain the heat as much, anyone here disagree with that?

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm, especially if you have a dark body color take the light interior. Otherwise you end up with a "black box", not very pretty in my view. If you select white as the body then go for the dark interior. This is considered as common sense but it's up to you to chose whatever you like.

Jim

Andy4639

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dark interior

I live in South Carolina where the summer time temp.'s are around 85 degree's. When I park outside with the windows cracked and windsheild shade in it. This plus the tinted windows make it a lot easier to have a darker interior. Color is a personal choice, where I choose the dark for dirty reasons,:D it's harder to see when it's nasty and it want matter 3 years from now when mine is still dark and the lighter colors show all the wear on them.
This is considered as common sense but it's up to you to chose whatever you like.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I live in South Carolina where the summer time temp.'s are around 85 degree's. When I park outside with the windows cracked and windsheild shade in it. This plus the tinted windows make it a lot easier to have a darker interior. Color is a personal choice, where I choose the dark for dirty reasons,:D it's harder to see when it's nasty and it want matter 3 years from now when mine is still dark and the lighter colors show all the wear on them.
This is considered as common sense but it's up to you to chose whatever you like.

Black won't show dirt as easy as a lighter color.