Clean System Install!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limited00

Reaction score
I decided to forget about waiting on ppl to install my wires and stuff and do it myself! Not bad for a first-timer! Let me know what you think:rolleyes:!
Here's the kick paneling(?), all the wires are tucked away nicely!
3a00c89d3764.jpg

Here is my amp (4000D Watt Power Acoustik). What you don't see is my 4ga. wire running under the kick paneling, then under the carpet, and then under the metal bracing for the rear seats. Makes it a very neat install. The other wires (RCA and Remote) are tucked under the carpet as well, kinda difficult to do.
942e49c9d5a6.jpg

I decided to use an Interstate 18 Wheeler battery in the back. You'll notice that the 4ga. (from left to right) is coming from under the rear seat bracing and to the battery, then back down between the seats near the ground wire.
63feba102715.jpg

Here you can see where the battery ground is. I used the bolt along the seat bracing as a decent ground, and from there it goes to the amp.
a1bf5c2cfcec.jpg

You can now see where the ground and the other "hot" wire goes into the amp. Also, I have a Memphis Car Audio Line Driver hooked up as well. Works quite well!
f8f7eb054408.jpeg

I don't use fuses, but circuit breakers. More efficient to me! Let me know what you think!

Limited

awash242

Reaction score
You could clean up that wiring A LOT, but its not too bad for your first install. Whats the deal with the battery? How are you going to mount/support it? Anymore pictures of the install or is it not completed yet? what woofers are you running...etc??

Limited00

Reaction score
I will be running an Fi BTL 15" sub, and I'm finding a battery box for that beast. I have a memphis m3 on that amp right now and its turned all the way down, just wanted some noise for the time being. I'm not done with the install yet tho.

awash242

Reaction score
I will be running an Fi BTL 15" sub, and I'm finding a battery box for that beast. I have a memphis m3 on that amp right now and its turned all the way down, just wanted some noise for the time being. I'm not done with the install yet tho.

Sounds good. Those BTLs move some serious air.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was it really necessary to have a separate battery back there for a 15inch???

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would have went with a sealed battery like the 6-pack altima. don't ever have to wory about getting battery acid inside your ride. they are a bit expensive but worth it.

and instead of putting it inside the truck, ran dual batteries under the hood. then 0 guage to the amp.

over all not bad for a quick at home job. i still have yet to tuck all my cables. my amp and cap. is under a cover plate on top of the sub box to make hiding all the wires quite a bit easier.

Limited00

Reaction score
I do intend to to get another optima battery under the hood, but I had that one so I decided to use it until I could get the money for it. The BTL is having a box made for it around 4-4.5 cuft tuned @ 32 hz (i think). Just waiting on them to get here.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well make sure you use your earmuffs when ever u enter the car.. hahaha

Limited00

Reaction score
Does anyone have any plans for building a proted 15 box that is tuned @ 30-32hz and is between 3-5 cuft? I need a new box design.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have all kinds of sub-box designer software.. that was before the format.. - why go ported? go vented instead - and what are you gonna do with that M3 when your done with it?

I currently have two M3s w/ a PR 1000d amp running them off of a two batt system (both batts under the hood) - I was told by the audio dealership that i didn't need both of the batts - but oh well - i was also told that if i stepped up to the Mojo 15s that i would need two batts and two PR 1000ds

Limited00

Reaction score
I used to have all kinds of sub-box designer software.. that was before the format.. - why go ported? go vented instead - and what are you gonna do with that M3 when your done with it?

I currently have two M3s w/ a PR 1000d amp running them off of a two batt system (both batts under the hood) - I was told by the audio dealership that i didn't need both of the batts - but oh well - i was also told that if i stepped up to the Mojo 15s that i would need two batts and two PR 1000ds

I thought ported and vented were the same thing. (?) Well when I get my BTL in, I'm going to swap the M3 out for a new one and possibly sell it. I usually only deal with Memphis audio so I know for a fact that you will MOST DEFINITLEY need 2 batteries if you use 2 1000Ds. You could run the 15's on one 1000D and it will sound ok but it's best to go with 2 or get a Memphis mojo amp. I need to get an optima batt sooner or later but I don't have the money as of yet so....:D

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to deaden the interior, my limited rattled like crazy and the rear hvac controls would always pop out when I had the big gay speaker box in it. After all the stereos I wound up with two kicker comp vrs (the older all black cones) and diamond components, the spl sh*t got annoying and I like having 500w to a pair of components :D

kinggreen803

Reaction score
thats a nice set up, but i dont agree with the battery in the truck, me personally am running a alpine deck, 2 MA 12" subs and a alpine v12 1 ohm stable 1000 watt amp and i am making some serious noise oh yeah i run a 2 farad cap. try a cap cause there is nothing worse than your lights dimming at night when you are driving.

Alex_Rus

Reaction score
Man this is nice...I might going to do the same thing...i got 12 wheeler batterey too.....And your carpet look like it's brand new=]