Audio System was stolen!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They completely tore my truck inside out and took EVERYTHING!!!! My amps, my subs, my stereo, even my iPod for crying out loud!!!

I'm wanting to go basic now...

Thinking about replacing the factory sub with a JL 8w7 and hooking it up to a JL 500/1 just for nice, everyday listening...

Not wanting to go too fancy anymore...

Not even adding a 4-channel amp for my high's anymore...

Just as long as I have decent bass...

So would this amp be able to run off my factory stereo head unit?

I really don't want to buy another aftermarket head unit....but if running the amp off the factory one will cause problems, then I guess I don't have any choice...

My question(s) are:

1) Would the JL 8w7 fit in the factory sub enclosure in the rear?

2) Would the JL 500/1 run efficiently enough off the factory stereo unit?

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man That sucks, Ya know if the pricks worked that hard in an honest career they would probably living more comfortably than as a scum bag sucking on the teets of people that enjoy a higher quality of life.
Heck of a life to live, If you make good money the politicians pick your pocket, and if you buy nice things the scumbags walking the streets will rob you.
Its SOFA KING unfair...

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it....

One, what goes around, comes around....

Two, I thank God everyday they did not do any sort of damage to the truck itself, they just took my audio and that's it...

Three, I thank God even more that nothing happened to me....

You just have to learn from these experiences and move on...no use to sit and regret anything....

So how about some input on my new audio plans anybody?

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better alarm with a two way pager and a sig sauer. Plus dunno bout where you live, but normally I turn my music down when I come home. Plus in my old neighborhood I had a neighbor that was always on the look out, So if he saw something he was outside confronting them and calling my big ass bro inlaw and me.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really blows man. It's a shame there are so many people that don't lead honest lives. But whoever stole it will end up in jail one day even though it's unlikely you'll catch him. I've been pretty lucky to not have anything stolen. But for those reasons I might not bring this to college.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Sucks man. Sorry to hear that.
To answer some of your questions, you'll probably have a depth issue trying to fit a W7 into the factory enclosure. I'd look for a shallower sub or build a new enclosure if you're stuck on a W7.
The amp will work on the stock deck. The JL 500.1 has a switch for signal sensing which will turn the amp on as soon as it detects music, so that will eliminate the need for a remote wire. A LOC (line out converter) will give you low level RCA connections so you can run your audio signal into your amp from the high level speaker outputs from the stock deck.
Of course, an aftermarket deck with sub control and decent preout voltage will make a big difference in output and sound quality. And a good alarm might keep your bad experience from happening all over again:thumbsup: When someone tried breaking into mine, my alarm went off and scared them away. I was out a few bones for a new window, but better than a few thousand dollars worth of equipment being stolen.

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd build a bigger stereo and get a dope alarm. Also if you're gonna roll around with loud music listen to metal and get a big ass dog, people will not fvck with you as much.