Remote Opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUGIESDAD

Reaction score
I have lost my manual....can some please tell me how to program my garage opener in the tahoe????????thanks gary:cool:

LTZJoe

Reaction score
I can't believe no one has helped you out...

First, clear existing (if any previously programmed remotes) by pressing the two outer buttons simultaneously until the indicator light flashes (about 20 seconds). Note that this simply clears all previous programs ONLY, and that there is no need to do it again until you sell your vehicle (so that the buyer does NOT have access to your garage), or you change garage door openers.

Second, simply hold your remote up to the buttons (1 to 3 inches away is recommended). Hold it in such a way that your view of the indicator light is not hindered. Press the button on the transmitter AND your choice of button on the Universal Home Remote (UHR). The indicator light should be on 'steady'. It is 'learning' your frequency when it flashes slowly, and you are done when it flashes rapidly.

Third, and finally, press the newly programmed button on the UHR. If the light stays on 'steady', you're good to go! If it blinks rapidly then goes 'constant' on you, you have to follow a few more steps, signalling your opener has 'rolling code technology'. Basically, you have to go right to the opener and look for a 'learn' button (usually near where the antenna is). Press the 'learn' button on your garage door opener and go back to the vehicle (you have 30 seconds to finish these steps). Press and hold the programmed button on the UHR for 2 seconds, then release. Repeat this step 2 or 3 more times, and you're good to go!

Sorry, I just joined, or I would have helped sooner.

dsyukon

Reaction score
Programing Remote Garage In Car

Can you program a remote in any vehicle to open two different garage door openers ?

Thanks in advance.

LTZJoe

Reaction score
I'm not sure I undertsand your question entirely. Basically, HomeLink-equipped vehicles offer three buttons in which to store a function. In mine, for example, button number one is programmed for the garage door opener at home, and button number two is programmed for the garage door opener at work. Button number three is still available.

If, and mine are NOT, both garage door openers were from the same manufacturer, AND IF I programmed the little toggle switches in both of them to be the same, I could open both doors with the same button, because both remotes had the same code programmed into the HomeLink button.

Because HomeLink 'learns' your remote, if you want it to 'learn' a second, different, remote, unless you used one of the other two buttons, it would 'forget' the first one, and 'learn' the second one.

I hope this makes sense.....but I highly doubt it!

dsyukon

Reaction score
Remote Garage Door Opener

Joe,
I want to thank you very much ! Yes it does make sense, I also have the three buttons. I wanted to program my lil sis & mother's doors in. You've been a big help.

Til the next time,

Have A Great Evening !!

Thanks Again !

:) :) :)

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out MyGMlink.com. Among other things, it offers access to owner's manuals.

Timgco

Reaction score
BTT. Does anyone konw how to get TWO trucks to be able to open your one garage door/ If i program the 07 Tahoe, it works great. than I go to program the 07 AV, and it erases the code from the Tahoe. :confused:

Garaged door does have the rolling code deal. Both truck will program, but will not work on both trucks at the same time. I even tried programming both at the same time. No luck!

AlecThigpen

Reaction score
I can program one garage door easily, it is the older unit, by following the instructions in the manual for rolling code. The newer opener can program the remote that came with it by using the "learn" button, but I can't get the Yukon XL buttons to work using the same procedure that I use with the older door. Neither remotes are fixed or preset codes. Both have the learn button. I have tried holding the button down for 1 second, 2, 5, 15, 20 and until all three buttons start flashing. I have tried repeating as suggested in the earlier post. Nothing works. Any suggestions?