lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blak_out

Reaction score
I have a 2004 tahoe with autoride is there any way to jus lower the rear 1.5-2.0 inches without loosing the factory ride or autoride function

nick21

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Why would you need keys to lower the rear only? And if all you need is rear springs, do you have to modify the rear autoride?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of these trucks have autoride, no issues with my 3/5 drop
IMG00594.jpg

IMG00592.jpg

nick21

Reaction score
But what about 2" rear drop only?

So you put a 5" rear drop in there and didn't have to do anything for to the autoride? I thought I read in a different post that you had to fab up your own rods/bolts for the level sensor. Is that required for all drops or just big (more than 2") drops?

Also, is the 5" rear drop made up of a 1.5 to 2" drop spring plus something else? If not, the question remains:
I have a 2004 tahoe with autoride is there any way to jus lower the rear 1.5-2.0 inches without loosing the factory ride or autoride function

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had to build some links but it was no big deal. You have to use different links regardless of the kit, I just had too much drop for the shorter links that came in a 2/3 kit. If you only want 2" of drop just buy some cheap 2" drop coils off ebay and shave a bit off the stock links, be careful tho I snapped one of mine on the grinder and had to build some custom ones in a pinch. Rear drop was achieved via coil springs only.

dmsmotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score

there are no lowering springs for a 2004 that will keep the same factory ride. All of them will make it much more sportier. has to or you will hae serious bottoming out issues.

mike
dms

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are no lowering springs for a 2004 that will keep the same factory ride. All of them will make it much more sportier. has to or you will hae serious bottoming out issues.

mike
dms
Mike, you deal or see much of the new SRT Challenger, or other SRT vehicles?

dmsmotorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, you deal or see much of the new SRT Challenger, or other SRT vehicles?

Yes I do. I have completed the test fit for Pedders on a Challenger SRT8. Was a perfect match, and a unbelievable ride. Not to mention looking pretty cool.
We are really excited about the Challenger and will have a Challenger at Sema with our suspension on it.

If you are interested in seeing the suspension and a Pedders TrackII install o a Challenger, go to my web page. You will see a file with over 100 pictures of the install.

But the really exciting new news for us is the new Camaro. We have a full complete suspension package already for it. Also we are an approved vendor for GM racing. The new Race Camaro that GM has put together will have our parts on it. And we have more projects workong with them that we cannot discuss.

Thanks for asking

mike
dms

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, if you notice the extra 'upgraded' sound equipment on all the SRT stuff, that's where I work.

I was in a Dodge dealership a week or so ago in Bullhead City, AZ....was cool to see a SRT Challenger in the show room with our gear.

But it was funner to drive one :D

Yes, saw the Challenger in your pics, you all do very nice work. Love the Denali!!