McGaughys vs Eibach Drop Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so the McGaughys drop kit cost twice as much as the Eibach kit. Whats up w/ that? Is the McGaughys kit supposed to ride that much smoother?

Thanks in advance for feedback,
Mike

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cheaper Eibachs are just springs. The McGaughys say they come w/ 'spindles' and 'shock extenders,' but what do they do? Is it worth an extra $250?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The drop spindles enable you to keep the original steering geometry. Be aware the lowered springs will necessarily be stiffer to keep the truck from bottoming out.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, in your opinion, do you thing the McGaughys is worth twice the price? Do you have you Tahoe dropped?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't say about the price. Don't plan to lower mine due to the ride degradation that comes with it.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how the tahoe would handle big potholes after the drop. I've always had all of my cars dropped and the thing I cant stand is having to dodge potholes and worry about bottoming out on medium to large speedbumps. Can anyone give hands on experience from this?

Thanks in advance