HElP...24S...WHAT SIZE TIRES ARE YOU RUNNING?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
Hey guys the shop that did my drop messed up my allignment and my front two tires went bald in 3 months. They where cheap tires, so it serves me right... The shop is out the door though.

Anyway I am going to buy Four new ones. I am running 295x35x24s with my 2/3 drop with no rubbing. I want some more meat on my tires...what size tires are you guys with the 2/3 drop running on your 24s? Any rubbing?

Let me know guys...I have to buy in the next week...

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you still rub now! we've put those 305/45/24 on before but dam they rub like crazy we even took a heat gun and heated up the wheel well plastic and pushed it away from the tire and it still rubbed.now if you weren't lowered it would be a diffrent story!

P_RsTahoe

Reaction score
How many miles did you put in three months? Was the truck running rough with the bad allignment? Sorry, not to answer your question, I dont know anything on 24's. I was just curious as to why your tires went bald so fast.

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
The guy who did the drop had the cambur off...the wheels where bowwed inward and it took off the tread on the corners. My girlfriend drives the Tahoe about 15-20 miles total a day... We put maybe 2500 total in the 3 months. I am not sure why it ate them up so quickly...but I am over that shop...for sure...

snake6222

Reaction score
305/35/24

im runnin 305/35/24's on my ride but no 2/3 drop. rubbs only when im in reverse. with ur 2/3 ur probably lookin at some mods to ur ineer wheel wells. hope that helps

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 3/5 kit I would say more than likely have a rubbing issue on the front. I think even with a 2/3 you would have a slight to moderate rub at full lock. What do you think Jazejeff?

YZmoto125

Reaction score
do you still rub now! we've put those 305/45/24 on before but dam they rub like crazy we even took a heat gun and heated up the wheel well plastic and pushed it away from the tire and it still rubbed.now if you weren't lowered it would be a diffrent story!

305/45/24? Thats a 34.8" tire, are you saying they would fit with it stock height, and almost fit lowered? I would think you need a lift to fit a tire that big. Also, who makes a 305/45/24?

lawrencesor

Reaction score
I'm on 305/35/24 won't get any more meat that your 295/35s but you'll get some width. My tires barely rub on the plastic on hard turns but you can't tell unless there's no music and when I drive slow..GL