Front Jounce/Bump-Stop Replacement when lowering...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamsmithers

Reaction score
Hey everyone...I'm about to put a 2/3 drop on my 02 2WD Yukon. Went through all the suggestions about how to make the ride as good as possible and I'm definitely modifying the rear bump stop bracket since I might go lower at some point.

Question is...Belltech recommends that you modify the FRONT bump stop. [It's in their kit instructions.] Take it off its mount, cut and grind the mount off and mount a new bump stop directly to frame piece. DJM and others don't even consider doing this.

My question to you all that have lowered yours...do you modify the front bump stop or leave it alone...?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I trimmed all four of mine. If you don't, then your suspension travel is limited and it bottoms on the bumpstops making the ride harsh. How much you trim depends on how much you lower the truck. You can start by trimming off about 1/3 and see how it works for you then go from there.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chopped mine and the kit came with new rears. I'd cut the bracket up to the frame off the rear and install a low profile stop if you're already under there.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut all 4 bumpstops from my truck. Gonna cut the rear bracket out and install a lower profile stop soon. Since the drop, have not had anyone in the thrid seat yet.

iamsmithers

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the input guys! I decided to take off the front bump stops and replace with new ones. Also removed the bracket up to the frame in the rear to replace with a low profile bump stop. Once I get her cleaned up I'll put some pics up! Thanks again!