Do the doors use molex plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my driver's side door speaker when I had to do some door repairs, now the speaker doesn't work all the time. It will work for days then then not for months. I replaced the speaker again and it still doesn't work.

I've decided that I should run new wires. But before I even tackle that, does anyone know if the doors use molex plugs? If it does, then the job is going to be a lot harder than I think it's going to be.

Hardwarz

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i haven't tore into the doors yet, but i don't think they use molex (did a search and they looked like phone line ends)

i would expect it to look more like the plugs on the dash.

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
molex....

Um... Oh... wiring harnesses. Molex is a brand name. Sorry about that.

On older vehicles, they usually use a rubber grommet. On my 99 Tahoe, I've seen more and more use of molex plugs when going through the firewall or most pannles. I know some vehicles use molex plugs to seperate the door wiring from the chassie wiring, I just didn't know if the Tahoe did this.

Hardwarz

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well your answer to that is Yes they did.. i took of my doors for my paint job and had to disconnect every one of those things.. i guess it was a reallly good idea tho instead of taking em all back through.. but yeah, behind all those panels theres holes and inside the holes are the connections and wires..