System for 01 Tahoe 5.3L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

somekindofhate

Reaction score
I used the search feature, but I didn't find any results on how much amperage a stock alt will generate. Thanks in Advance for anyone that can help.

I have a Sundown SAZ1500 that i'm looking to install, along with a single 15' Fi Q ..

I know the design is Sub up, port back, anyone know what the dimensions would be? I'm still new, and researching like crazy but the person building my box needs to know. If these numbers take a lot of work to figure out, then I apologize and disregard.

Last edited:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try soundsolutionsaudio.com That is Fi's forum sight.

From the site:
Q 15 – We recommend using a sealed box in the neighborhood of 2-2.6 cubic feet of volume (after all displacements for those wondering).

Ported box we recommend using 2.8-4 cubic feet @ 28-33Hz. Again use 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume.

Use the box calculator at rockfordfosgate.com and punch in your usable dimensions and go from there. The displacement of the aeroport(s) (Precision Ports) is very minimal so don't fuss with including them in.

That should get you started in the search for a good box for it.

Last edited: