Factory stereo problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wizard1969

Reaction score
The problem is its not loud enough and the sound sucks! My 2008 tahoe is here and im very dissapointed in the stereo. Is there anything I can do to make it better without spending 3,000 dollars like the guy at a stereo shop qouted me????

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is its not loud enough and the sound sucks! My 2008 tahoe is here and im very dissapointed in the stereo. Is there anything I can do to make it better without spending 3,000 dollars like the guy at a stereo shop qouted me????

This is part of the reason why I said you were better off getting that other LTZ hoe with the nav and bose plus rear entertainment for an extra $1,500. Everyone knows that chevy stock radios aren't that great. Try to upgrade with GM. I don't think you'll be spending $3,000 though. Give it a shot.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it has the bose

BOSE isn't really intended to be really loud and bump. It's more for crystal clear sound. So that's why those systems typically never go very loud. I know GAMBLER installed a system on his LS. He loves it. There's a thread on it somewhere but I forget in which section.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BOSE isn't really intended to be really loud and bump. It's more for crystal clear sound. So that's why those systems typically never go very loud. I know GAMBLER installed a system on his LS. He loves it. There's a thread on it somewhere but I forget in which section.

I only spent about $700 on my install. I got most of it on ebay for much less than retail. It gets plenty loud, too much so for me, I have to keep it down pretty far.

Edit: Actually the cost is about to go up as I'm about to pull the trigger on a new HU as well.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my whole system (Pioneer DVD h/u with 6.5" screen, amp, 12" sub with box, replaced all the door speakers, headrest monitors) all for $1500...installed myself.