07 Tahoe Oil Cap Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to get a Mobil 1 oil cap for my 07 Tahoe with 5.3L engine. Appears that these are not common on eBay - wondering does it have to be Tahoe specific or I just thought engine specific? And since I am not Mr. Goodwrench, does the 5.3L have a "name" like LT1 or LS1?

Thanks for your help. --Rich

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5.3L in our 2007 Tahoes, if I recall correctly, is the "LMG" version of this motor. It is a member of the "LS" series of V8s. I cannot say for certain that they all use the same oil cap, but my guess is that yes, they do...sorry for the "guess", but maybe someone with definite knowledge will chime in for ya...

I just can't believe that GM would have all sorts of different caps with all the parts sharing that they need to do to cut costs? Then again, they have been known to do some pretty crazy things... :crazy:

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why buy a Mobile One oil cap? I have never heard of that before. Isn't a oil cap.... a oil cap?

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes - just something to dress up the engine area, like a vanity thing I guess. Same with people accessorizing other parts of their vehicle. Some people do it and some others don't care, I guess.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In another forum I am in, people with prior year Tahoes have purchased and installed them - just don't know anyone with an '07 who has done this yet.