Need Help On Shocks For 4 inch Rockcrawler lift for 07 non autoride Yukon 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SASCRAGGS

Reaction score
Hello

New to this site, I got rid of my 07 GMC 2500 four door truck with 6.6 duramax and bought another Yukon end of last year so I was on diesel forums anyway got the bug agin so I will be posting frequently.

My question is this: I am putting on a 4 inch lift this upcoming weekend it is a 4 inch rockcrawler (the brand not application) and cannont find front and rear shocks to get I am looking at all ideas or experince that anyone has to offer I would preffer nitogen filled but I dont see any compaines listing 0 to 4 inch app. or 2.5 to 6" app whatever for the 07-08 Yukon/Tahoe. I am looking at the Bilstien 5100s but want to know what else you guys are doing. also anyone got a good place to find Toyo Mud Country tires 33X12.50R18 for a great price everyone runs them I know guys gettin 70,000 on road miles on them they are worth the money. Look how many run them in the mags. I have always ran BFG Mud T/A s on road mud tires. they ride good and are quiet. I run 39.5 18 on 15X14 inch wheels with bead locks on my jeep and cry when I have to get on the road it eats them up but on my Yukon I have to run mud tires on the street so the Toyo seems the best choice I will be pulling my jeep on a trailer into muddy rough areas. Any other ideas would be great.

Thank you for any replies or information and look forward to posting my truck and rockcrawler/trail jeep I am again streching the wheelbase to 100" and doing an engine swap a V-8 out of a 04 vette or a V-8 out of a 06 lexus LS430 and will be running off propane and gasoline.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
SAS

Last edited:

SASCRAGGS

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I am in a bind now.

I got a larger problem. The lift that I got is weak. I could not believe that they set me 6 tall bolts (spacers) that I assume go on top of the front strut and fit between the strut bolts and the houseing, I was suposed to get rrear coils but the dumb ass set me blocks and U bolts. How will 1 1/4" spacer nuts give me that amount of lift? I have not done anything they have not even sent the right equipment. Plus wont this be hard on the CV and angles?

Please give me some advice on what to do.

Thank you

AlohaJeff

Reaction score
Look at the CST 4.5" lift. It ain't cheap but it's complete. If I didn't have to load a 30lb 2.5 year old in the back a few times a day it's the kit I'd run.

CSSC312.jpg

Aloha