1" body drop pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the body drop. Only did a 1" drop to fill up the wells just a bit more.
DSC06860.jpg

DSC06861.jpg

DSC06862.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, hey JK are your front windows tint legal, because I live in Texas like you and yours look like its darker than the 25% limit.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looks good, hey JK are your front windows tint legal, because I live in Texas like you and yours look like its darker than the 25% limit.
Yea...just a little darker than legal. I put 5% on the two fronts and double 5% on all the rears. Haven't had any problems with the local laws. I tinted my CTS with 5% all the way around and have yet to be pulled over in that car as well. DPS will get'cha though. And even though we have DPS stations here in Austin, we hardly ever cross paths.
My 'hoe and CTS are both black. And with a black interior (CTS), it gets HOT and the tint helps a lot. Plus it keeps most would be thieves from being able to see what I have inside. Those are the two reasons why I always tint my windows dark.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride looks nice JK, I love black windows. I want to do it to mine, but I already got a ticket for that in my last vehicle. Damn VT police, nothing better to do.

How much of a drop do you think it would take to fill up the wheel wells with 22" wheels? Boosts' Denali looks nice and compact with the 3/5? drop and 20's, so somewhere in between?

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
How much of a drop do you think it would take to fill up the wheel wells with 22" wheels? Boosts' Denali looks nice and compact with the 3/5? drop and 20's, so somewhere in between?
I think 3/5 would look really nice IMO. I like the way Boost's sits with the 20s...just right. If you like more wheel well space than what Boost and I have, then try a 2/3 or 2/4 kit first.
And thx for the compliments.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looks much better! You just use smaller body mounts or what?

Thnx bro. Found some from a local guy off craigslist. $50 for the set of 8 and new bumper mounts. I've been planning on doing it but been procrastinating. Then I saw this guy's ad while browsing Craigslists and swooped 'em up and did it this weekend. Now I gotta quit playing around and drop off my rollpan and ss bumper to get painted, but I got so much other stuff going on that's keeping me busy and tight on money right now (like getting the CTS ready for a local car show coming up).

Last edited:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea...just a little darker than legal. I put 5% on the two fronts and double 5% on all the rears. Haven't had any problems with the local laws. I tinted my CTS with 5% all the way around and have yet to be pulled over in that car as well. DPS will get'cha though. And even though we have DPS stations here in Austin, we hardly ever cross paths.
My 'hoe and CTS are both black. And with a black interior (CTS), it gets HOT and the tint helps a lot. Plus it keeps most would be thieves from being able to see what I have inside. Those are the two reasons why I always tint my windows dark.

Got you, I agree with the Heat and Black leather problem which contributed to me getting limo tint.
I have about 2% all around apart from my front windows/winshield and a 15% strip above the AS1, an officer once tried to give me BS and tell me anything darker than 5% isn't legal but I did get a $200 Smoked Tails tint which was extreme BS.
Double 5% tint??? How do you see out of that at night, I have 5% ontop of my factory smoke windows and its very dark at night, if not for my backup sensors I would hit something going in reverse by now.

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Double 5% tint??? How do you see out of that at night, I have 5% ontop of my factory smoke windows and its very dark at night, if not for my backup sensors I would hit something going in reverse by now.
Yea, I have a Pioneer BU cam I use. Has a nice wide angle and great picture at night.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks smooth man! Nice work! I'm pretty new to the forum, but I rolled by you in my '89 on 35 about a week and a half ago near Braker. Sweet ride!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never knew they made 1" body drop spacers. Looks bada$$!!

I'd like to get a set too.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who makes these spacers? I'm in it for a set. That HOE looks sweet man.. Do you get any rubbing on the upper part of your fenders over dips/bumps? I get that now a bit and I'd like to go a bit lower, with out rubbing of course.. Very nice Ride you have there none the less....:thumbsup:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
That looks smooth man! Nice work! I'm pretty new to the forum, but I rolled by you in my '89 on 35 about a week and a half ago near Braker. Sweet ride!

Yea man. I remember that truck cuz I was thinking how sweet it looked with that caddi clip. We were heading South 35. Nice ride bro. Welcome to the forum:beerchug:

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Who makes these spacers? I'm in it for a set. That HOE looks sweet man.. Do you get any rubbing on the upper part of your fenders over dips/bumps? I get that now a bit and I'd like to go a bit lower, with out rubbing of course.. Very nice Ride you have there none the less....:thumbsup:
The rear plastic inner fender liners rub slightly now over bumps and the front pretty much stayed the same. I bought them from an individual and I didn't even think about asking the guy where he got them from.
the truck really looks great JK. have you ever thought of airbags?
I thought about bags a while back but decided against it cause I just wanted to keep everything simple, at least for the meantime.

Thanx for the compliments guys.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did it take? I've got poly body mounts available to me in any size and it would be worth the work to set it down lower.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are these body mounts only avail for you guys (meaning 2000 and up) or could i get em on my 95?? thanks