Adding dvd and headrest monitors to 02

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emac

Reaction score
I have an 02 yukon xl. It is a non-bose with onstar. It has a cd player and a cassette player in the console. I want to add some headrest monitors for the kids. I am trying to do it on the cheap and have a few questions. Can i put a dvd player where the cassette player is and make it work with the rear headphone hookups? Will it work by using the button on the deck to listen to the movie thru the speakers?
I can install the monitors in the headrest, thats not a problem. I just don't like the idea of a flip out deck to get dvd.
I was thinking something like these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...om=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=150261318375&fvi=1

sfberto

Reaction score
I don't think you can use the rear headphone hookups when adding an aftermarket headrest monitor, however you won't really need them because most of the headrest monitors now use an IR signal giving you the option to use IR ready headphones.

rdfamily

Reaction score
Did you get that set from Ebay?

I'm wondering if you won/bought that headrest/dvd set from Ebay? If so, I'd love to know how it installed.

Thanks!
Rebecca