IPOD Install, acc. plug on Nav radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fennsz

Reaction score
I am looking to put an IPOD into my Yukon
I have a 2005 Yukon SLT with the NAVigation Bose radio. I was curios if anyone knows if there is an accessory outlet on the rear of this head unit? I would like to plug my IPOD right into that? I can not find any info on this without taking the dash apart.

thanks

EZStreet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I don't believe any of the GM factory radios have any sort of accessory mode or plug-in. I ended up buying a new deck, it has an ipod connection and a usb direct plug in for a flash drive. Sucks cause you have the nice GM unit with navi and I'm sure you don't wanna switch it, but your only other option is some kind of ipod wireless adaptor.

fennsz

Reaction score
thanks EZStreet, that does suck, I will have to figure something out...that is a bit of a downer though.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does your yukon have cassets?? do cars even come with that today? ahhaha : ) . .well u can use a tape transmitter of some sort. Thats probably your only option before wireless. They have tons of em out there, but some of them have crappy reception. Idk. well best of luck to ya. Does your yukon have a separate screen for the navigation or is it like actaul radio screen? Bcuz my brother had a radio then the screen was underneath it (factory) and he wanted the ipod, so he ended up buying a new pioneer radio and still uses his navigation and everything.. but im not sure what yours looks like..